Girlfriend Corporation: Forty Nine

GFC Forty Nine

Lee Chaeryeong's Point of View..

"You know, you really should stop eating too many sweets and chips. You're getting fat!" I heard Ryujin say on the opposite side of the cafeteria table. I just watched as Yeji leaned forward and took a mouthful of some potato chips that she was having to mock and prove a point to the latter.

"You know, you really should mind your own business. How are you even alive? Your existence is a big fat lie. How is it even humanly possible that someone doesn't like chocolate? You're a monster." Yeji bantered back as Ryujin whole heartedly laughed as if it was the funniest thing she have ever heard her entire life. Why am I even here? I sighed and shook my head then took a bite on the cheeseburger that Ryujin have bought for me. It was too expensive for me and so the two of them were alternating from buying these for me. I complain every time but they won't even listen. I just got tired from trying.

As I was saying, these two have always been this close. Bantering on a daily basis was their usual selves so I've gotten used to it. I couldn't help but feel a little bit.. jealous though. How couldn't I be? I've been having this non-platonic feelings towards the certain cat eyed girl and her full attention was solely on Ryujin. It's an understatement to say that I feel out of place. But still, with a smile on my face, I kept on looking at them. Wanna know the most ridiculous part? I feel like there is something going on between them at the same time nothing. Does it makes sense? Seems to me that Ryujin was just in there for pure friendship and Yeji had exceeded on that line. But I'm not so sure about that. I can be just giving meaning into things because of my far fetched jealousy.

"How am I a monster just because I don't like chocolate? I don't have to like something that you like, do I?" Ryujin answered with a laugh. I maybe just seeing things but I think I just saw Yeji's smile dropped when Ryujin said that. But then I blinked and the moment I looked at her, she was already smiling again. A breathtaking smile.

"You have to! I'm your best friend! I'm sure you'd do the same for Chaeryeongie though." I immediately looked up at Yeji at the sudden mention of my name. I raised an eyebrow and Ryujin did the same thing.

"I can't do that. What if Chaeryeongie like someone? I don't and I can't like that person as well, can I? You lose! You have to stop eating chocolates so you don't get fat, you pig-- ouch!" I just shook my head at Ryujin's not so serious answer at Yeji's curious question.

"The next time you call me fat it won't be a slap anymore. It would be a punch on the face and a kick on the butt, Shin Ryujin." An obvious dodge from Ryujin's first and second statement. Yeji though made a brief eye contact with me and turned her gaze to Ryujin solely after.

"Oh my God. I'm so scared. What am I going to do? I might die with a single punch and kick. I still wanna live." Ryujin dramatically and sarcastically said earning a snort from me and a loud ass laugh from Yeji. You see the friggin' difference between us? Ryujin could do nothing and Yeji would find it amusing. Just like how I would and could for her. It's almost a certainty that she's into Ryujin but for Ryujin? I would be surprised if she likes her on that way. I don't see anything special with how she treats Yeji. And would it be so pretentious of me to say that it was more of plausible that Ryujin might be into no one but.. me? I mean, it's not for sure of course. And I don't think it's the most probable. Ryujin is just not the type of person to fall for her.. friends. You get what I mean? Okay. Her having some feelings with Yeji was almost impossible. It would be a more possibility if Ryujin would be into me.