Girlfriend Corporation: Fifty

GFC Fifty

Hwang Yeji's Point of View..

"Ddaeng?" I called out upon entering her apartment. She have texted me earlier this day to stop by here after classes. She didn't attend this afternoon class and I'm actually worried. I also haven't seen Chaeryeongie this day and I figured that she was busy at the Dean's office since she's an SA.

I carefully walked towards her bedroom in case she was sleeping. As I opened the door, I saw her sitting at the window frame, looking through the horizon. Needless to say, she was spacing out. Her expression had this strong hint of wondering and distress. I frowned upon seeing her on that state.

"Ryuddaeng.." I softly called for her attention as she hummed in response. She didn't tear her eyes on the skies neither did she moved from her place. "Why.. are you okay?" I asked as I sat down on the side of her bed. Ryujin took a quick glance on my direction then sighed before looking away.

"I think you've heard what happened to Chaemin, right?" That's.. what's bothering her all along? To the point where she didn't attend school? I creased my forehead in concern. "Chaeryeongie's parents are having a hard time providing for their daily needs already. Chaemin's hospital bills would pile up at this point. Chaeyeon Unnie would still need financial support since she's still a trainee, Chaeryeongie would end up sacrificing all of her savings for college. Her parents is also busy with their works. They would need someone to look after Chaemin at the time being at the hospital. Is there anything else that we could actually do to help?" I exasperatedly sigh at Ryujin's statement. I know what she's thinking. Paying all of Chaemin's bills would be easy for her to do. But she's worried that Chaeryeong might take it the wrong way on how much it would cost. Ryujin already asked her parents to employ Chaeryeongie's parent at their company and I don't think they would be happy if they find out that she's going to lend them money. Again.

I do want to help as well. I genuinely do. But.. I'm afraid that would be imposing and intrude with their family matters which is not something that I would do. Chaeryeongie said so herself that they can handle their problems. Ryujin's toxic trait is this, having the feeling of need to help her friends at any cost and anywhere. At the thing that she knows best. Money. I know she's only like that because she experienced it herself. Having to grow up in an orphanage before she was adopted by her parents now.

I understand where she's coming from since Chaemin would need a kidney transplant this time. A terminal stage and would require a huge amount of money for the operation. But, we could help at other ways, right? Not just with money.

"Ryuddaeng, you know Chaeryeongie wouldn't want this. I'm sure there are some other ways that we can do to help." I voiced out and Ryujin frowned deeper. I couldn't help but think that every time we have to talk about something drastic, it was always about Chaeryeong. Chaeryeong this, Chaeryeong that. I understand it's just in her nature to worry about her since she's our best friend but.. this is just too much. Or it was just me? An underlying jealousy with her caring and overly protective nature when it comes to the certain girl.

The amount of time that Ryujin and I spent together these past months made this feeling of surfaced. The amount of times we sneak out late at night to stargaze, sleepless nights for hours of playful banter over the phone, the secret glances and touches when we're with our friends. Am I the only one who thinks that our ways exceeded the typical friendship? Am I the only one who feels like there is something more? Much more deeper connection? Why does she always end up thinking about Chaeryeong though? Was she the one that she likes? I felt like I was punched on the chest at the thought. A possibility that I didn't want to imagine happening. I banished the images of them to not further hurt myself.