Girlfriend Corporation: Sixty Three

After a year, I am back:)

Chapter dedicated to talisrnngwy thank you for checking up on your dying author from time to time.

I miss y'all. Forgive my long dead silence.

A shorter chapter than the previous ones but I hope this is worth the wait.

Love,
Keith❤️

GFC Sixty Three..

Lia's Point of View..

"How are you?" I asked Ryujin as she ascended the stair case from my room. Zephora and her has been staying here for the past couple of days after Heejin.. died. And today is her funeral.

"I'm caught up in a quicksand; the more I struggle, the more I sink." I frowned at her answer. She has been the most affected by the sudden death of her sister. And Zephora.. who didn't even got to know that it was her mother who took her own life. Not just her aunt.

Ryujin refused to eat a proper meal. She really can't sleep. I'll fall asleep with Zephora in my arms and see her looking from afar from my window and I'll wake up with her still on the same position as I remember her. We haven't really talked about what happened at the corporation and how did Heejin did that with only Chaeyoung, Mina, and Yeonjun alone. Ryujin never really said anything about it. The next thing I know, the corporation is all over the news with all of its.. works behind closed doors. Thanks to Heejin, I guess. But that's the only thing I know. I'll leave it to Ryujin to explain. Because I only get the gist of what happened a week ago.

"Today's your sister's funeral. Are you planning to tell Zephora the truth?" I asked worriedly as I sighed heavily. I've been meaning to ask her about that. Zephora has to know about her biological mother, doesn't she?

"She doesn't have to know. It's always been me who's her mother. Heejin Unnie dying doesn't have to change anything about that." Ryujin said with a sigh. That's not true. I wanted to say that. I wanted to intervene with her decision but I'm in no place to voice out my concerns especially when it involves her daughter.

"Why doesn't she have to?" I pressed. But it was just a front to have an actual conversation with her. Is it wrong to initiate an entirely different topic from my intention?

"Because she's always been my daughter. There's no other answer to that." Ryujin answered with a thrift smile.

And what about us? What are we? Despite all these happening, there's no really a clear answer to that. Are we dating? Do we have something? She told me she love me but she did not ask me to be her girlfriend. What are we doing? Did that slip her mind?

"Be patient with me, please." Ryujin stood up and walked towards me as if she knows what I was thinking. She reached for my clasping hands and brought it towards her lips, kissing the back of it. I did not say anything.

Am I being selfish? She's clearly grieving. And all I think about is our relationship.. and Zephora. Her sister just died and I shouldn't be like this, right?

But.. it takes a long time to move on. It takes a long time to grieve. And I know I'd be more than willing to be there with Ryujin. I just want to know what to expect.

Is she exclusively mine now? The corporation is being investigated right now. There's no telling that the people responsible for those.. sickening acts would put behind bars, is there? If not, she'll still be with that corporation and what is going to happen to me, us, in two years? She still have two years in the corporation and--