Missed me babydoll?

"You do realize, you're eventually gonna have to stop this,don't you?"Matty said as we walked to our Political studies class on Friday.

It had been more than three days since the most embarrassing day of my life and I still hadn't come up with a plan to destroy pretty boy yet.

I let Matty in on my plan for revenge,because I never hide anything from him and also because I know he will not try to stop me,but ask to join in instead.

Somehow today though, even through his support he was being cautious and asking me to think clearly.

I somehow think it has something to do with the call he got from his mom on Monday.

I've seen Matty emotional,but what I saw that day was something completley different. I still can't get his red rimmed eyes full of pain and his helpless face out of my mind.

Its like something inside him broke,I can't imagine what it must feel like to see your own mom like that,killing herself slowly and painfully,crying over dead relationships but doing nothing or rather being able to do nothing to save them.

I've seen Mary drunk,I've seen her sober and I've also seen her selfish,crazy and helpless,but through all her phases I've seen Matty only strong headed and supportive and very rarely a little emotional

But broken?never.

So I did what any friend should ....I let him let it all out,I let him for once be the weaker one and the whiny one,in our friendship and then I let him behave like all this never happened,we've managed to avoid the topic for three days now.

Even Emma was sweet enough not to bring it up again.

"hello??earth to summer?"i looked up as Matty's voice bought me back to the present.

We were standing outside our class,where I seemed to have stopped suddenly.

"whacchya thinking?"he asked worry visible in his emerald green eyes,whose intensity had only increased because of his all black look today. Black ripped jeans with a black button down hugging his lean figure and defining his abs.

Wtf?did I just check my best friend out?

I quickly avert my gaze murmuring something about getting late and enter the class before Matty could ask anymore questions and I could behave anymore weird.

********

"You look awfully happy"Emma said swirling her straw in her strawberry crush. "What?,did pretty boy kiss you're feet asking for forgiveness in front of the entire school?"

Just the sound of those words from Emma's mouth made my entire face light up. It was after school and I and Emma were hanging out at the local cafe five minutes from school waiting for Matty to be done with his football practice.

"As much as I'd love that,no." I say taking a sip of my mocha.

"Infact I didn't even see that jerk face at all today" I couldn't hide the happiness in my voice if I tried.

Emma's eyes twinkled with realization."No wonder" she said.

It was true,I hadn't seen Chris the entire day,as a result of which, my day had gone amazingly well.

Maybe he got an STD or something from all the sleeping around or maybe he decided school wasn't his thing and he wanted to become a stripper...ah well whatever the reason,I really hope he wouldn't show his annoying face to me anymore.

But as if on cue,emma burst my bubble by bringing me back to the present and breaking my chain of wonderful thoughts.

"I heard he joined our football team,and has been practicing all day" I almost choked on my coffee.

So now he wants to dominate the field too. Great just great annoying a-hole wants to be seen everywhere.

As if the girls weren't already throwing themselves at him.

"Talk about attention seeking"i say,my good mood had obviously been flushed down the drain.

Emma gave a me skeptical look,like a mother handling her child's tantrums

"what?"i ask suddenly feeling all defensive.

"Dont be so quick to judge Sam,maybe he just really likes playing?" woah OK...did my friend who may I add was almost run over by that jerk...just defend him?

What is wrong with this world?.

"Are you seriously supporting the guy who almost killed you?" I ask....OK I agree a little more dramatically than required....but for gods sake he did almost run her over ...dramatic times call for dramatic reactions... Sue me.

"Im not defending anyone...I'm just not judging anyone either,admit it,you just can't like anything he does,because of the humiliation he gave you" Emma says in a matter of fact tone.

"Are you delusional? Of course that's the reason!don't you think its enough to hate anyone?"

I ask not understanding the point of this conversation.

Sometimes Emma's lack of emotion really gets on my nerves...like right now her neutral expression really isn't helping me understand why we are having this conversation.

But she must have a reason....she always does.

"Well it really depends on who the person is. If you don't like someone, anything that person does shouldn't affect you or your emotions,but Chris does rise emotions in you,and he effects you in a way I've seen no one effect you "

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.Did my best friend just suggest that I am in some twisted way crushing on Chris?.

Seriously what the hell is wrong with this world?

"Are you high Emma?,I mean seriously...are you, cause you're talking absolute crap"i say ,irritation clear in my voice.

"ofcourse not"Emma says innocently."All I'm saying is, if you don't like him,then he shouldnt affect you and you should just avoid him and stay away, and you know...not react"

Then it hits me,of course Emma would say this,in fact this is classic Emma.

My best friend is protecting me.

I feel all my irritation melt in a second and a smile spread across my face.

"Is this some twisted method of yours to stop me from doing anything drastic where Chris is involved? Not that I'm doing anything of that sort...but still is it?"

Emma looks down averting my gaze,her cheeks flush pink and she starts figeting with her hands below the table. A sure sign of her getting caught.

"What if I am?"she asked ,finally looking up."Whats so wrong if I try to protect you from spoiling your karma?"

I sighed, Emma always believed a little too much in this karma ,fate and destiny stuff ,but she always has the best intentions at heart.I looked at her with a genuine smile on my face. "Emma,you're my best friend and I love you, you know that right?"

Emma nodded.

"So please trust me?I promise you I won't do anything extreme...well not yet"

Emma shook her head as a smile finally lit up her face "Oh god,that guy is such a goner"

"That he is" I said "Speaking of guys,where is Matty?shouldn't he have been here by now?" I asked checking my watch

I heard the shop bell ring as the cafe door opened behind me

Emma who sat opposite me looked up "oh he's here"she said and suddenly paused as her smile faltered and her eyes grew wider,panic clear in them.

She finally looks back at me and completes her sentence "Or should I say,they are here?"

I hear footsteps come up behind me but before I can turn around to look I feel someones breath on my neck "Missed me babydoll?"

Great...just great....Christian Mckibben is in the house everyone.