Humiliation

When  I was about 10  I had gone on my very first,what then felt like a, real date.His name was Will and he was the cutest guy in our grade. Will and I had decided to go to the movies and since it was a date we saw this gooey rom com that was actually totally shit, but we both pretended to like.

All I can remember about that movie now really is, how stupid I thought that leading female was.

She roamed around being absolutely clueless and choosing the wrong guy twice!  Before finally somehow having some big realisation and going to the right guy.

Like are you crazy woman?

I feel like that crazy woman now.

At least I must look like her to everyone else.

As I walked into school this morning I expected anything but what came my way.
I don't think I realised what was going to happen once everyone came to know about Chris and I.
The magnitude and side effects of our little plot came to my attention only when it was all thrown in my face.

And now all I'm left with is this ache in my gut, the size of texas as I stand staring at my reflection in the girls restroom.

Chris was supposed to come pick me up so that we could official make an entry together,but he was running late so I decided to come on my own... Bad idea.

But thinking about those things now makes me realise how unimportant all that was. How, had I known the major issue waiting for me at the entrance of my high school, I would not even have left my bed.

I look at my pale face, waiting for the tears to make an appearance, but so far they have remained non existent.

Instead of them though,there is this fire in my chest that is almost burning with this feeling I don't want to admit is hatred.
But it is.  And I don't know how much longer I can keep it low.

The bathroom doors bang open and a few freshmen girls enter giggling to each other, on seeing me the tall blonde one stops in her tracks and looks to her friends.

They seem to have communicated in some form of facial expression because suddenly they all burst into an almost synchronised form of laughter that only adds fuel to the fire I feel.

Just the sound of their laughter, reminds me of all those that just followed me on my way in here and suddenly it all comes back.

The comments, the questions, the secret smiles the weird looks, the video, the laughs...

Not able to bear it anymore I push through the girls roughly and rush out of the room.

I don't know where I'm going... But it sure as hell isn't class.

                          **********
Emma

I can't believe I left her alone when she needed me the most.
I checked the restrooms and all our secret locations as soon as I heard, but Sam disappeared almost like she was never here.

The one day, I decided to come on my own.

But she was here, and the whole school knew it.
Things had finally started looking good for her, and I could see how scared she was about being happy, and now... this had to go ahead and happen.

Everyone knows who's doing it was, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but honestly I didn't think Noah Anderson would fall so low.

For a second there he almost had me thinking he really did love Sam.

I look around the almost filled classroom and the last glimmer I had of Sam showing up vanishes.

What was I thinking?
There is no way she is going to show up.
But then where is she?