First Step Foward

"Oh! We are eating here?" I ask as I take in the familiar surroundings.

Chris raises an eyebrow looking at me, after parking the car in front of Cindy's

Cindy's is one of the many famous places in town and mad crowded on weekends, its a diner that's not only 40 minutes away,so there is travelling convenience but also really affordable.

Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against diners, I love them!
Infact, the one we are in front of right now? Is one of my childhood favourites... Well at least it used to be.

I haven't been here in what seems like forever, maybe its because the place just bought too many memories and so much pain back, or I guess I didn't really want to know what it would be like to come here without him.

I stop my thought process for a second.Replaying what I just thought in my mind again and again, until each word is pretty much etched into my memory.

I just want to smash my head at all the crap I just thought

I can't believe the pathetic loser that I have become, I need this all to stop! I need to stop letting Noah affect me. After all isn't that what I had decided last week.This could be the first step towards that destination then.

" Summer? Are you alright? If you don't want to eat here, we could always go somewhere else you know"
Chris says,concern visible behind his nonchalant attitude.

His question and tone was very normal, but somehow I felt like there was some deeper meaning to his words
I get this weird sensation in the pit of my stomach which makes me squirm inwardly.

Why is he behaving so weird? I mean I know I'm probably the weird one, afer all it was me who had been throwing hooker lines at him in middle of the english class, so I really couldn't blame him.

//" Wanna get out of here?" // wtf was I even thinking?

" No, No...its absolutely fine, we can eat here, infact, I love this place" I say unbuckling my seatbelt.

Chris flashes me a small smile, but I can tell that he's not convinced.
Either way if he has anything to say about it...he doesn't.

" Let's go eat then Sum......babydoll"

My head snaps up, at Chris's annoying nickname for me, reminding me that whatever sympathetic moment or day we are having right now..you know the one where we talk like actual normal people and not in sarcastic remarks and taunts...yea that's not gonna last forever.

We will be back at each others throat's in no time.
And that somehow eases the knot in my stomach, as I reply.

" Sure jerk-hole...because there is no problem in the world that a Cindy's speacial can't solve"

***********
It had to have been at least fifteen minutes if not more since we had placed our orders. Me,asking for a double cheeseburger and fries and Chris just a hot fudge brownie.

Pretty simple order right? I guess not since no one was walking towards our table with a tray full of food.

I don't know if I am anxious or just plain hungry although both of these could also be the reason for my increasing heartrate along with the constant squirming in my stomach and the irritation setting in

I look around the dimly lit place to distract myself and can't help but sigh, It looks just as it had the last time I visited.Old and familiar...

with its bright red walls which had yellow borders running along the sides.The paint visibly chipping but nonetheless still intact. There were some booth's along the far wall to the left of the room with the remaining space being occupied completely by tables and chairs scattered in different arrangements of two's three's and six's and seven's.