Still In Time

"I can explain...."  I say

It has been twenty minutes since Chris and I left after my shift and the whole Noah and me thing...

He didn't say anything after he saw the kiss and I thought he probably went back home when he left.. But when I came out after work I saw him sitting quietly outside in his car.

My initial instinct was to leave and never look back, but I knew I couldn't do that. He was obviously waiting out here for me, why? I guess I was going to find out.

Except, like I said, it's been twenty minutes since I got into his car and he's been driving around town, going nowhere in particular, but driving none the less.

So I decided to finally speak

"Are you going to hear that explanation? "

Chris looks ahead at the road, his face expressionless.

For some reason I feel a sinking feeling in my stomach that increases with every passing second.

He has never been this quite, for this long.

Its not like I cheated on him or anything.
I mean,not for real, and we haven't even gone public with our fake relationship yet, so then why is he behaving like this?

"Chris? I'm sorry okay? I don't... "
Chris takes a swift turn before hitting the brakes with alarming force.

" Woah! Chris.. What is wrong with you "

I internally thank my stars that I had my seat belt on.

I look around to notice we are pulled over on the side of a rather deserted street going towards the highway to leave town.

Chris takes off his seat belt before opening his side door and getting out of the car.

I watch him walk towards my side before pulling the door open and saying his very first words to me today.

"Get out"
I look at him, half hurt and half worried that he might just leave me here on the side of this deserted street.

Oh god, what will I do if he does leave me?

I didn't even drive to work today.
Shit.

"I said get out Sam"

My heart is literally hammering against my chest and I have no idea how to move any of my limbs.

Chris voice is strained yet calm, and maybe that was  reason for my unsteady breathing.

I have never seen him like this.
Come to think of it, I don't really know that much about him.

Maybe I should have thought about that a little earlier.

Chris leans in and takes of my seat belt, and I sit as still as a statue.

Oh god he is seriously going to leave me out in the cold dark night.

Great. Serves me right for not thinking twice before making him my fake boyfriend.

What if he's a deranged psychopath.
Oh Lord....

"Seriously Sam, if you don't come out now, I will have to physically pick you up"

I quickly get of the car, before he can even blink.

Don't need the psychopath touching you.

The evening light is dim and the last of the sun rays are fading into the orange sky, I can just make out Chris face, but I may lose sight of that too in a few minutes.