Well, Shit!

This one is especially for @llxurenn  Thanks for being so supportive and making me smile with your comments.

Summer

" I don't get it" I tell Chris placing the coffee cup in front of him on the kitchen Island as he explained the whole plan to me.

" Why would you say we have been secretly dating for a while already? Why not just start now?"

Chris rotates on the bar stool he has occupied and gives me a look I can only describe as: trying hard to be patient.

What? I've never fake dated anyone....sue me!

" Because if we suddenly start now, the whole purpose will be defeated! Noah will assume, you just randomly started dating me especially to piss him off"

I take a sip of my coffee and let his words settle in. Chris really had put a lot of thought into this.
After I shot the text of affirmation to him, we decided to discuss the plan further during lunch: Except my best friend finally decided to show up and sit with me for once, so we decided to meet after school, which is what bought him to my place.

This time we stuck to the kitchen and ground floor though. Just in case.

“ Okay, so how do we convince people that we have been dating for a while? I mean...we went from hating each other guts, to prank buddies, to somewhat friends before stopping communication with each other.... Not exactly couple symptoms ”

My equation with Chris was not hidden from anybody in that hell hole called high school.

I got more screen time in the past three months than I did in the past three years.

My life as an invisible student pretty much came to an end literally the day Chris step foot in Fairview High.

“ I have thought the entire thing through, you won't believe how in sync the entire thing sounds” Chris says pulling out a planner from his bag that lay on the floor beside him.

Flipping through pages of scribbling and cancellations he opens up the one he wants to show me.

“ This was the day we met, and practically ripped each others throat out ”
Chris points at some bullet points written in his rough scrawl.

The first one showed the date the school reopened along with one line

First meeting, ugly fight, recorded!

“ Crap, I almost forgot, they've got us on tape!” I say. Only just realizing the major flaw in our plan.

“ Noah is never going to believe us now”

Chris shakes his head looking up at the ceiling before sighing and looking back at me.

“ Maybe if you just let me explain the whole thing to you and then pose your questions and negative vibes in my direction...it would be a whole lot better”

He is obviously trying very hard to be calm right now. I know I can be annoying some times, but this whole thing has had me on edge since the beginning.

I mean all I can seem to think of is, what if we make a joke out of ourselves and people laugh in our faces when we say we're dating.

Thinking of me as some petty girl with a lame attempt at trying to win back her ex.
I know what it will look like. I'm aware. Which is what is the problem.

Because, now that is all I see. Negative outcomes.
Becoming a joke.
A laughing stock.

“ Sam?” I look up to see Chris's brows raised as he studies my expression.