Truce?

dedicated  to vedika1D

I don't really know when....

It was probably when he came here with that I don't give a damn attitude and became popular immediately... But refused to make friends,well at least with the one's who obviously worshipped him.

Or maybe it was when he joined the football team and became the new guy Matty had to babysit.....ergo we had to babysit.

It could also have be when he squirmed under Emma's gaze when she asked him about his family and reason to shift.

Or when I caught the sight of an actual decent guy inside of him that he was hiding when he saved my sorry ass from coach.

Whenever it was,I had suddenly become completely sure that Chris Mckibben was more than what met the eye.

Why did I care?

I don't really know, maybe it was the fact that I began judging him,a little to harshly without knowing anything,and now I felt guilty.

Maybe I'm still unsure as to who he is and am doing this to rid myself of any guilt I had judging him.... Maybe I am right....maybe not.

Or maybe,
I think my mom is right....I really do need to get out of my comfort zone and make more friends.
And who knows maybe Chris isn't that bad when you get to know him.....I hadn't really given him a chance yet to be fair. Not that he had given me any reason to,okay fine maybe saving me from suspension was a good enough reason,I just couldn't see that at the time.

Or maybe,All of the above is just a big pile of B.S that I'm making up and the real reason I'm doing all this is just so I have something to take my mind off the horrible flashbacks I've started to have ever since the mention of Riverdale.

Riverdale,that is where he ran off to,that is where he probably still is,god knows ruining the lives of how many girls, who are too in love to see the monster that he really is behind that innocent face and good looks.

“Not, that I'm not having fun,but you do know you have to press play for the movie to start right?”
Emma's words shook me out of  my spaced out state.

Sleepover on a school night,itself spelled emergency and I could see that Emma was being as patient as she could but my lack of attention span mixed with my still filled butter popcorn bowl was only making her more nervous.

“Oh,yea” I said picking up the remote control and pressing play as  “The Fight Club” began to play.(Yea,like I said,we aren't exactly the chick flick type, well unless it has someone like Channing Tatum in it....what? We are still very much girls... Don't judge!)

I could feel Emma's eyes on me although the movie had already started playing.

She picked up the remote from where I had left it in between us on the bed and paused the movie,before turning around to completely face me with her legs crossed on the bed.

“Am I really gonna have to ask?” Emma said,when I continued to stare ahead and make no motion of talking.

“Summer?” I could feel the concern in her voice,and it was after all me who had called her over to talk.

Since,I couldn't talk to Matty about Chris,I decided I'd tell Emma.

She was a girl and my best friend after all who by the way always made me try to be neutral about him...so she would of course understand me, and my curiosity.... Also my need for a distraction.

So why wasn't I already speaking?

I sighed, and began to tell her everything that happened and also stuff that I thought was off about him and how maybe she was right and I should find out so she can say “I told you so”.

I don't know why but I couldn't really get myself to tell her the reason behind my sudden curiosity.
But a look at her concern filled eyes and I realized I didn't have to.

She already knew.

“How bad are they? ” she asked referring to the flashbacks.
This wasn't the first time I had, had them.
They were a almost regular occurrence during the initial two months of the incident.It was a good thing my mom was really busy that year with her new promotion. I wouldn't have wanted her to wake up to a screaming daughter with tear stains and wonder what was happening.

Over time I learned to control the screaming but the pain in my chest was still as good as new.

Sure I had been saved from the worst.But just the thought of how much worse my situation could have been had me in the worst condition possible.

What do you expect I was hardly 15.

“Pretty bad,but Ill be fine” I said feeling a tight stitch in my chest.

Emma put the popcorn bowl aside and hugged me dulling the ache almost. Almost.

After she let go,she faced me with a smile on her face.

“Okay,just to be clear,I'm doing this only so you can find out for yourself,first hand that Chris is not a bad guy and you can make a new friend along the way and get over your past maybe...okay?”

Always the sweetheart that she is,Emma was the most clear headed girl that I have known. She always stands for she believes in and does all the things for only the right reasons.

“Sure”I said in a defeated tone,there was no point arguing and I guess I kind of agreed with her. Maybe I should wait and see if he really is that bad,or I was seriously being blinded by my ego.

“Cool” Emma said excitement gleaming in her eyes as she picked up a spare notebook and pen from my bed side table.

“I know exactly where to start ” she said scribbling across the notebook.

“Where?” I asked confused.
“Well,you obviously can't just go up to him expecting friendship” she said finally looking up.

“I can't? ” I ask,since that was pretty much my plan.
Telling Chris,that we got off on the wrong foot(his mistake totally...what with him almost running over my best friend and all) and maybe should start afresh.(since I'm ready to be the better person here)

Okay,now that I'm hearing myself say that in my head, I realize that Emma is right,that probably wouldn't have worked.

“No,you can't ” Emma said giving me a serious look.

I scratched the back of my head with a sheepish grin on my face “Um...okay”

“But,I know how you can start” she said.
I looked at her expectantly,waiting for her to continue.

“By calling a Truce”

Great! I was already beginning to regret this.