Something Like Friendship

I stay frozen in place as soon as I hear him. I'm sure I look like a downright idiot but I dont think my limbs are functioning anymore.

Chris stares at me-- the sun shining from behind him-- waiting for a response, a nod....anything.

But like I said.. .I don't think I was in any state to move...atleast my body wasn't.

Why? I'm not really sure.
He has never affected me like this before...so why now?

I guess knowing he wasn't as big of a jerk as I thought him to be...is kind of changing my views regarding him...I don't really know if that is good.

"Sam?" Chris asks again waiting for my approval for 'the talk'

I gulp and start blinking (defense mechanism)
I HATE TALKING.
I mean yeah even I know we are gonna eventually have to talk...clear everything out and name whatever we are now. But like I said...I hate talking.

I try to signal Emma with my eyes to get me out of this.... But she might as well be blind. Or it's all my blinking confusing her...I don't really know and I couldn't find out because I was suddenly lifted up in a swift motion and whisked away.LITERALLY!

"I'm gonna take that as a yes"Chris said.

Chris had one arm holding me from the back and the other below my knees as he held me horizontally. (It's at times like these that I thank god I'm not one to wear short dresses or skirts on a regular basis to school.
Not that there are many such moments.)

It all happened so fast I didn't even get a chance to react before he had already started walking towards the backside of the school building where old abandoned classrooms still existed in one of the unused buildings.

" What the hell Chris put me down right now!"I said pushing him as hard as I can, but it wasn't really helping.

Chris just ignored my words and continued walking in swift hard steps, as if he wasn't actually holding the entire weight of another human being.

If this part of the ground hadn't been so deserted I'm pretty sure we'd already be subjected to the shooting of episode god knows what of the little high school saga, my miserable life had now become.

I crumple a handfull of the front of Chris's shirt in an attempt to get his attention back to me and listen.

" Chris, I swear to god, If you don't put me down right now, I will burn your ba.." before I could complete my sentence though Chris tripped on his feet and fell face foward with me in tow.

I fell on my butt thanks to my position in his arms so my fall shouldn't have been so bad. And it wouldn't have too, Except Mr.Footballer came crashing right down on me.

I feel my elbow sting as it hits the ground and my back hurt from the fall.
" Ow" I yell involuntarily.
Chris catches his weight on both his hands just in time and I dont have to bear the brunt of his weight...but he still hovers over me for a second before averting his gaze and rolling off.

I get up somehow and dust my hands on my jeans before turning around to give Chris the "you dont pick up a girl without her permission and then drop her ......literally like a hot potato" speach when he just came really close and gave me a dead serious look as he spoke in an extremely low voice.

" Summer Evans....I know you're not exactly an expert when it comes to guys ...but if you ever hope of having a ....oh...I dont know boyfiend or husband someday..I suggest you refrain from threatening to burn the balls of every guy you meet.

I stand there for a few seconds...completely transfixed.
Confused. Was he being serious? Or his usual dumb self.

Maybe this is why I don't have many friends.