TWO. (new girl)

I was not interested in the rules

I was not interested in the rules. The very opposite of a homebody and the most adventurous person most people who met me knew. I hated the word bored and more importantly despised the idea of sitting back and watching. So that's why when Sam went to work, I grabbed his longboard and left the house.

    I had no clue where I was, my brother hadn't had the time to give me a tour of the island, the day had been quite hectic as it was. My arrival wasn't exactly scheduled, at least for him and it was too short notice to call out of work. Sure he could have used the family emergency excuse but I wasn't five and I didn't need a babysitter.

    So he went to work and I took off to explore the island.

    The island was beautiful, everything was so new, and each small part held an adventure waiting to happen. I loved being outdoors, whether it was on the water or just skating around with the breeze encasing me.

     I couldn't help but look around at some of the people I passed, some gave dirty stares, some smiled. Each of them had a story and I wondered what they were. Although as quickly as I passed them, they were gone from my head. My mind was too occupied admiring the view.

    My body moved with the board, following the path the road gave. Even if I got lost, I'd have an adventure trying to get back to Sam's. I just hoped I made it back before his shift ended although I had already forgotten what time he said that was.

    I began to hear a loud conversation, my vision focused on the yard I was approaching. It was a dead-end and I prepared to turn my board to leave. The boys who belonged to the laughs I heard were now looking at me, whispers being exchanged. I took one look at the clothing they were wearing and almost scoffed. They had asshole written all over them.

    "Hey skateboard girl, yeah you," One of the smug boys said, calling me over. I slowed the board down and caught it as I stopped, my foot landing on the edge. "yes?" I asked, not bothering to tell him it wasn't even a skateboard. I stood, watching as the one who called me stepped towards me, his friends smirking at him as they themselves watched the encounter.

     "Never seen you 'round before. and I'd remember such a pretty face" He spoke, the smell of beer wafting into my face. "So you new to the island?" He finally asked as he took a moment to look me up and down.

    "Yeah, I just moved in with my brother, what's it to you?" I asked, raising my brow at the boy. His friends snickered in the background and the boy cleared his throat. "Rafe Cameron," He said, smirking at me.

    "Is that supposed to mean something to me?" He scoffed at my comment, seemingly ignoring the hushed laughs coming from his friends.

     "Well if you ever need a tour around the island I'd be glad to help you out" I forced a smile at him and went to place my board down on the ground but was stopped by his grasp. "in more ways than one" He whispered, as he got close to my ear.