FIVE. (not an armed robbery)

I did not know my way around the island well, or even at all

I did not know my way around the island well, or even at all. So when I thought about how to get to the motel I of course ended up in the wrong place. Specifically, I ended up heading toward the coast guard which seemed to be packed with people. I didn't stay for long, trying to figure out how to get to the motel on my own.

    "Need help?" Someone asked, and I turned to look at the boy I had punched 2 days before. He smirked at me and looked down at my hand to the note. "Need directions, princess?" He asked, his hand leaning on a post behind me, partially blocking me in.

    "No, I'm good, thanks," I said, rolling her eyes, placing my hand under his arm and aggressively pushing up, catching the boy off guard. He laughed slightly and kept his pace behind mine. "Listen, I'm really not interested." I stared, noticing the light bruise that lay perfectly on his face, exactly where my fist had hit him.

     "But, I could darken that bruise for ya," I said, pointing at his face. I almost couldn't contain my laughter as he got flustered, turning and storming off with a huff. Bitch was murmured under his breath.

    It took a little longer to get to the motel than I would like to admit but eventually, I got there. I slowed the board down, my eyes taking in the excessive damage. It was way worse than what was in Sam's backyard. I carefully stepped over the large piles of debris, ignoring the foul smell that came off of some of the dirty mattresses that laid out on the ground.

    I tried looking for Sam, scanning the area. Ultimately though I only found a woman who stood by the office, a clipboard in her hand. "um hello" I said, clearing my throat to get the women's attention.

    "Can I help you?" She asked, I was taken slightly aback at how annoyed the woman seemed to be. "I'm looking for my brother Sam, he left me a note saying he'd be he-"

    "oh, yeah your brother is just up in the rooms helping clear stuff out, you're welcome to go look for him up there. He's the only one in that section" The woman said, cutting me off while pointing up to the far section of the motel. The woman turned, going back to looking at the clipboard she held.

    "Thanks," I said, walking away from the women and heading up the stairs to the second floor. I checked a few rooms through the window, continuing my walk until I landed on one of the last rooms. Room 29.

    I could hear some noise coming from the room, and I remembered the woman said no one else was up there but my brother. I laughed to myself, peeking through the window to see if he was there. I slowly turned the door handle, ready to scare Sam but when I opened the door I was met with two screaming teenage boys.

    "what the fuck" I shouted, looking between them as they both stared at me. I opened my mouth to speak a few times but quickly shut it, not sure what was even happening. "What are you guys doing here?" I finally said, neither of the boys saying anything either.

    "um hello?" I asked, waving my hand in front of their dazed faces. "uh-uh" One of the boys started, and when I focused on him I noticed it was the boy who gave me directions to Sam's the day I got to the island.