THIRTY TWO. (clearly you)

There was a hum of silence that washed over us as we drove off, no one quite knowing what to say after watching me kiss John B

There was a hum of silence that washed over us as we drove off, no one quite knowing what to say after watching me kiss John B. Pope being too high to probably even notice. I sat where John B was laying, relaxing in the spot as I watched out the window.

    By the time it was dark, we were sure the cops were off our backs for the most part. "so what the fuck was that?" JJ finally asked, his eyes turning to me and I bit my cheek.

    "What was that about?" I asked, keeping my gaze on the window. "C'mon, you know what I'm talking about" JJ pushed, Kiara now turned in her seat and was looking at me too.

    "I don't know, okay?" I let out, looking at the two pogues. And I was telling the truth, I truly didn't know why I kissed him.

    He was still with Sarah and he told me last night that he didn't know if he was going to end things with her, and I felt myself sigh. I knew I shouldn't have kissed him, I did but for some reason, it felt like the last chance I would get.

    If he wanted to be with Sarah it was merely a goodbye kiss, but if he didn't want to be with Sarah then at least he knew where I stood, and how I felt.

    The sky was darkening, and I hoped wherever John B was, he was okay.

    "Pope, you clocked that car, man. Like that was so bad!" JJ laughed watching Pope take another hit off a joint. "I'm just glad I'm not driving now," He told us, even though he was still very much driving. JJ continued to laugh.

    "pull over!" Kiara yelled to Pope. I shoved JJ's shoulder. "JJ, it's not funny. He shouldn't be driving" Kiara let out, her tone filled with frustration. "mama's mad" JJ let out, receiving another shove from me.

    I watched Kiara round the car, before opening the driver's side door, Pope climbing over the console to sit in the passenger side seat. The boy handed the joint back and before JJ could grab it, I did.

    I took a hit, breathing in and allowing the smoke to do its thing before exhaling. My eyes followed the smoke before it dissipated. Finally, when I was done, I handed JJ the joint back.

    "Where are we going?" JJ asked as he watched Kiara begin to drive again. "the last place they're gonna look" She responded, continuing to drive towards her destination.

    It was when we pulled up to Tanneyhill that my heart began to beat faster. Inside that house was Sarah, the girl whose boyfriend I just kissed.

    "What are we doing at Sarah Cameron's?" I asked, looking at Kiara. "She's the only one that can clear John B." Kiara told me as she got out of the car. "last place they'll look because of how stupid it is" JJ remarked, referring to her earlier comment.

    "I'll stay here, just in case," I told Kiara and even though she looked confused at first the girl remembered we were technically still on the run from the cops.

    "right" Kiara let out, heading towards the house, Pope following behind. "i'll stay too" JJ yelled making me start laughing, Kiara was already too far away to hear. "here ya are m'lady" JJ spoke, handing the mostly smoked joint back to me.

    "Thank ya kind sir" I laughed, inhaling the smoke and welcoming the familiar feeling.

    "so, whatcha thinking about in that big ol head of yours?" JJ asked and I scoffed as he flicked my forehead. "my heads not big" I argued and he shrugged his shoulders. I let out a sigh as I twisted in my seat, moving so I could lay my head in JJ's lap.

    JJ's hand found its way to my hair and he played with it as I thought of how to answer his question. "I dunno, I just, I'm thinking about John B I guess" My words were quiet, almost as if I didn't want to be heard.

    "you know, he doesn't look at Sarah the way he looks at you," JJ told me, looking down at me. "how would you know?" I asked and he chuckled. "It's just different. I don't know how to explain it" JJ stated, his hands still tangled in my hair.

    "you think he'll choose?" I asked, looking up at his face. "he'd be dumb not to, I think we all have realized that. It's clearly you" JJ told me and I sadly smiled, leaning my head against his torso.

    The sirens made me jump up, ready to climb to the driver's seat but they passed and I looked back to JJ confused. A few moments after we watched as cop cars sped past us, completely past us.

    "Should we go see what's happening?" I asked, and when I looked at JJ he just shrugged. "not much we could do even if we went right?" He told me and I nodded, sitting back down. "Plus we have to wait for Kiara and Pope," He said, letting me rest my head on his shoulder.

    "JJ" He looked back at me and met my eyes. "yeah?" He answered, waiting for me to speak again. "you're my best friend, like I love the pogues, I do but I dunno I just feel like you get me" My words spewed from my mouth and it probably sounded like the weed speaking.

    "I know what you mean. You're my best friend too." He told me and I smiled. "I'm glad I came to the island," I admitted, closing my eyes. "I am too," JJ told me, kissing my forehead.

    I couldn't help but drift off, I had barely slept the day before. JJ gently grabbed my shoulders and laid me back in his lap, smiling when I hugged his body. He placed his hands back in my hair, lightly playing with it as I fell asleep.

    When I woke up, I could hear quiet whispers around me. "So Sarah's window won't open and Ward's locked her in there." Kiara explained.

    "what do we do now?" JJ asked. "Well, Sarah's gonna try to get out somehow but I think the only thing we can do is head to the wreck. Stay there for the night and then make sure we get him supplies for the trip. Then we get the boat and meet him for three like you told him"

    "hey" JJ whispered, lightly shaking my shoulder. "wake up," He said and when my eyes fluttered open he chuckled. "cmon, we're gonna head into the wreck," He told me and I tiredly nodded, getting up from the spot and following them into the restaurant.

    We sat down at a table and Kiara walked to the back to get some food. "you hungry?" JJ asked me and I nodded. Pope shot his head up at the mention of food. The three of us were more than happy to eat at the moment.

    "Here, I can grab us something to drink too, be right back," Kiara said as she came around with the food. I smiled and thanked her before biting into the fry I grabbed.

    After eating, each of us picked a spot in the restaurant to lie down. We figured it would be easier than going home, especially when we didn't know if our parents or for me, Sam would let us leave again.

    I took one of the booths, curling my legs in as I let myself close my heavy eyelids. I moved my arm to use it as a pillow and I could feel the fabric of John B's bandana. I smiled before letting myself fall asleep.

I knew I had it bad.