SEVENTEEN. (about last night)

Everything was a blur, between John B coming in through my window, the two of us talking, finding out about the gold, falling asleep and the one thing on my mind the most, kissing John B

Everything was a blur, between John B coming in through my window, the two of us talking, finding out about the gold, falling asleep and the one thing on my mind the most, kissing John B. My body felt foreign. My eyes were barely awake and I couldn't yet decipher if it had all been a dream or not.

    I rolled over, surprised to see John B next to me. My breath hitched in my throat as my eyes widened. What the hell happened last night?

    My mind was reeling, so much so that my head began to hurt. My thoughts were racked, trying to replay the night before. I sat up, looking around the room once before landing back on the boy next to me.

    "sorry" John B let out, backing from the kiss. An apologetic look washed over his face, a blush rising. I didn't know what I felt, mostly shock. All I knew was I wanted to do it again, and again.

    "You don't have to say sorry John B", I told the boy, the inside of my lip tucking between my teeth, out of habit. "right, uh, so" His words stumbling, he cleared his throat before starting again.

    "so, uh, what did you and Sam do toda-" John B halted his words as he heard a crash in the kitchen, followed by loud booms of laughter. "Sam and his friend Derek are in the kitchen" I answered, even though he hadn't asked.

    "oh," He said, the air between the two of us thick with suspension.

    "John B?" I asked, looking at the nervous boy who sat in front of me on my bed. "yeah?" He replied, watching as I looked down at my legs, playing with the hem on one of my blankets.

     "why were you sorry you kissed me?"

    "I, uh, -I just-, did you not want me to be sorry?" He stuttered, switching his answer halfway through.

    "I mean I kissed you back so, I figured you knew that I wanted that," I said, my hand coming to my face. I bit nervously on my nails, a nasty habit I had still yet to give up.

    "You wanted to kiss me?" He asked.

    "Yeah" I stated, my answer slipping quite fast from my lips. By this time both of our faces were adorned with pink flushed cheeks. I shifted, moving a bit closer to John B. He caught my hint and moved closer too, both of us letting a laugh out. I felt like a child about to have her first kiss.

    "Oh god this is weird," I said, laughing as I let myself fall back onto the bed.

    John B moved, falling and lying beside me, moving his head to face me. I eventually turned my head too, meeting the boy's brown eyes. I smiled, my lip tucking between my teeth again.  

     It didn't take long for the two of us to move closer, John B's hand falling to my waist. This time was much less awkward than when we were sitting. I felt my heart rate pick up, the boy leaning close again, this time though I moved, meeting his lips.