TWENTY EIGHT. (old habits)

"Kie this better work" JJ let out as he and I crossed the yard of the Chateau

"Kie this better work" JJ let out as he and I crossed the yard of the Chateau. "we can't pawn shit if there's a symbol" I commented and Kiara held up a torch,

    "It'll work," She told us, grabbing a pair of safety glasses. "Let's melt some gold baby," JJ said, his arm finding its spot around my shoulders.

    I stood next to JJ, across from Kiara as she torched the gold, the bar slowly turning into a melted mess. I couldn't help but notice how cuddled up John B and Sarah were as they sat against the tree. And the conversation John B and I had last night was on repeat in my brain.

    I pushed the thoughts out, knowing it wasn't going to do any good to focus on it. We would get the chance to talk to each other more in private later.

    "So you're a good liar Elle, right?" Pope asked me, looking up from his spot. "because we gotta pull this off and JJ, no offense. No one wants a sob story from you" He continued, insulting the blonde that stood next to me.

    "Laney? A good liar? Oh, she's the best, truly" A voice said, catching us off guard. The boy approached the group and I smiled widely at him. "Hey Sammy," I said, leaning into the boy's hug.

     "whatcha doing?" He asked and the pogues and I shared a look, not sure what to tell him.

    "cmon, we both know if I tell you anything it's going to be a lie. So let's just skip that part, yeah?" I told the boy, looking up at him with my puppy dog eyes.

     "Whatever, just be safe please" The boy pleaded and I responded with a nod of my head.

    "you comin' home tonight?" He asked and I stood still, thinking momentarily. "not sure if I'm there i'll be there," I told him and he rolled his eyes.

    "Okay, see ya later then" I smiled and waved to the boy. "bye Sam" John B called out, waving goodbye to the boy as well.

    "You as good as he says you are?" JJ asked and I smirked. "guess we'll see," I told him as I sauntered towards the van.

    We pulled up to a pawn shop a little later and JJ took a look at the melted gold in his hand. "Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein" JJ mocked Kiara as he got out of the van.

    "oh like you could have done any better" Kiara defended, scoffing at the boy. "I could have done much better, I took a welding class" JJ argued.

    "When?" Kiara retorted.

    "whoa, chill out, okay?" John B said, stepping in between the two.

    "easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ said to John B and I laughed. "Yeah and neither are you genius" I added, grabbing the melted gold from his hands.

    "I'm gonna need at least three of you to stay outside, there's no way anyone's gonna take gold from the brat pack over here," I explained, turning to walk inside.