TWENTY FOUR. (what the fuck was that for?)

"Are you okay?" JJ asked me, his voice hushed so as not to be heard by the others

"Are you okay?" JJ asked me, his voice hushed so as not to be heard by the others. "JJ, I'm fine. Promise" I reassured him, looking back to the road we were driving on.

    "Okay, pull in up here," I told John B, the map laying in my lap. It was old and the coast had changed but if the map was right, this was the spot we had to be in.

    I couldn't describe what I was feeling when I looked at John B. He seemed to be unbothered by anything and it really made me question what had happened between us the other night. I knew that it wasn't a crazy thing, it was only a kiss but to me, it was the first person I had kissed since Bianca.

    I glanced to the side and JJ met my eyes as I did. He raised his brow at me and I let out a sigh, focusing back on the road and the map.

    When I looked back up to the road in front of us I couldn't help but look at John B too. Did I really like him? Or was it all just something I convinced myself of to make me feel not so bad about kissing him? Sure the boy gave me butterflies and made my head spin when he got close to me but does that really mean anything? Plus I had only known him for nine days. Is that even enough for me to have feelings for him?

    Part of me wished I didn't keep blaming my not getting close to pogues on how long I had known them. It was exhausting to keep people out, especially people like the pogues. I knew that people clicked and got along fast but I never believed it could have actually happened that fast.

    I felt JJ nudge me and when I turned to look at him I realized the van had stopped. I tried to shut out my thoughts as I got out of the van, my eyes gazing around at the view. My steps brought me to the rocks and the group all followed, the map still in my hands.

    Pope was the first over. "Here, let me see" He spoke, his hands resting on the map but he didn't take it from my grip. He looked from the map and then up to the view, a confused expression washing over his face.

    I took a deep breath, breathing in the fresh air as my eyes fluttered shut. I could feel the wind brushing my skin as I let out my breath, my eyes opening back up. I just wanted things to feel normal again.

    "Okay, so we're in Battery now" Pope started, looking at the map again. I leaned my head down, looking back at the map too. "So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here" He continued, pointing out over the rocks.

    "over there? Guy's, that's not Tanneyhill, that's a subdivision" JJ said as he looked around. I knew practically nothing about the island other than what the pogues had told me so I just continued to look at the view, taking in the sight.

    "Tannyhill Plantation used to be the entire island. It just got sold into smaller pieces over time" John B explained and even though I felt sick when he talked, I listened. I did however let go of the map and walk over to JJ, who was just looking out at the view too.