TWENTY SEVEN. (axe murderer)

"Treasure hunt!" I let out as we got into the van, laughing filling the space

"Treasure hunt!" I let out as we got into the van, laughing filling the space. It was later in the night now, me, the pogues and Sarah had spent most of the day going over the plan.

    Even though Kiara and I kept our distance, Sarah was there and we had to accept that. Plus after our night trapped in the boat, we had a shared mission, to get the boys back.

    "rope" Sarah read off, "you guys got a rope?" John B asked from the front seat, Sarah next to him looking down at the piece of paper in her hands. The list of materials we needed was messily scribbled down on it.

    "Got it," Pope said, pointing quickly to the pile of rope sitting next to him.

    "What's this say?" Sarah asked me as she twisted in her seat to show me the paper. "hmm, hold on let me see" I said and Sarah nodded as she let go of the paper, allowing me to look at it closer.

    "JJ your writing is horrible" I insulted, receiving a light shove for the comment. "Let me see it" He argued, looking down at the paper himself. "oh fuck, I can't even read it." He said, laughing as I shoved him back.

    "Let me see it," Pope said after letting out a sigh, the paper soon being placed in his hands. "grappling hook?" He read, his tone unsure.

    "Yeah, I think that says grappling hook," Kiara confirmed. "So do we have it?" John B asked from the driver's seat, looking up at the rearview mirror.

    "We don't have a grappling hook, we're not batman," Pope said, tossing the paper back to Sarah. "JJ why'd you put it on the list?" I asked as I turned to look at the boy confused.

    "I thought it sounded cool" He defended.

    The six of us continued to go over the rest of the list, the majority of the items things we actually needed unlike the 'phat joint' or the 'matching criminal masks' JJ had added.

    "Okay we're here" John B let out as we pulled to a stop. "ready?" He asked, turning in his seat to look at everyone.

    "hell yeah" Kiara let out, smiling as the rest of us agreed. "Let's go get rich," JJ said, wrapping his arm loosely around my shoulder.

    "It's the goonies mission I always wanted to go on," I said laughing.

    "Wait wait," John B said as he opened the van side door, stopping our movements. "I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight" He paused slightly when he looked at me.

    "Always," Kiara said, rolling her eyes.

    "Of course man," Pope said, everyone just smiling at each other.

    "thank you" When John B said it that time it felt like it was all for me. His eyes stayed on mine and he smiled. I copied his actions and nodded.

    "All right, we're done with this circle jerk? Can we do this?" JJ said, looking around at each of us, breaking the stare between me and John B.