THRITY. (for whatever happens)

I was the first to pull back, already craving the feeling of his lips on mine again

I was the first to pull back, already craving the feeling of his lips on mine again. "so, how's that good luck feel?" I joked, making the boy laugh. "pretty good, guess I should probably go use it, huh?" He asked, his eyes not leaving mine.

    "Yeah, and good luck with fishing tomorrow," I told him and he smiled. "Do I get another kiss for that too?" His cocky question earned him a shove. "Fair enough," He said, holding his hands up in defense.

    "We should go, you have to be up early," I said, pushing my hair from my face. "Yeah," John B agreed, standing up and following me. "Thanks for taking me here," I said as I got down the ladder. The moonlight was shining through the stained glass windows and it created a beautiful ray of color.

    "I just thought that you'd appreciate it as much as I do, and I care about this place a lot. And I care about you a lot." He said as we got closer to the van.

    "John B, It's beautiful truly, and I'm really glad we came out here. I'm glad we got the chance to finally talk about everything" I told him as I got into the passenger side.

    "And I, uh" I stumbled over my words, not sure how to phrase what I wanted to say to the boy. "I got hurt a few months ago, really bad and I just need to know if this is something you want. If not being with Sarah is what you want" He shook his head and leaned forward, his hand cupping my cheek.

    "I don't feel the way I feel about you for anyone else. I don't want to be with anyone else Lane." I felt the blush rise to my cheeks as he spoke. The nickname he used not leaving my head.

    "Okay"

    "heading home?" He asked.

    "Yeah," I responded, keeping my eyes on him as he drove. He let out a laugh, looking between me and the road. "what?" He asked. "Nothing, just happy right now" I admitted and he smiled.

    "Here we are m'lady," He said once we pulled into the driveway making me lightly laugh. I unbuckled my seat belt and leaned across the console to kiss him on the cheek.

    "ill see you tomorrow," I said as I moved and got out of the van, turning to wave as I walked towards the house.

    After John B drove away I began making my way to the house but I couldn't help but notice the set up of bright shining lights at the chateau. I furrowed my brows, deciding to walk over.

    "Are you kidding me? You could have paid for restitution!" Pope yelled and as I heard it, I picked up my pace. "or literally given it to any charity!" Kiara let out and as I got closer I could see why they were upset.

    There JJ sat, in a huge hot tub surrounded by no doubt very expensive lights with a bottle of champagne in his hand. "or better yet, you could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!" Pope continued and as I walked up I could see JJ rub his forehead, clearly stressed out.