TEN. (heebie jeebies)

I lay on the bed, taking in everything that had happened

I lay on the bed, taking in everything that had happened. I didn't know exactly how to process the fact that two men who had shot at the pogues came to ransack John B's place that afternoon. I wondered if the men had found us what would've happened.

    Sam had gotten back and when he did the necklace was sitting on the table. He smiled and thanked me. I still had no idea why the necklace was important enough to have me go pick it up. And even though I was insanely curious, I figured if he wanted to, he'd tell me eventually. So I didn't bother him.

    I rolled over, facing the wall and away from the window. I felt exhausted but I was still rushing a bit from earlier. My mind was racing a mile a minute and I couldn't seem to calm myself fully. It was a pretty scary moment, sitting in the rooster coop waiting for the men to find us. But it had worked out.

    I hoped the pogues had either found what they were looking for or given up. It just seemed like John B needed something from his father. I just wondered how far he'd go to get it. And how far I'd go to help.

    So that's why when he climbed through the window I knew he wasn't done yet. I jumped, letting out a relieved breath when I saw it was just him. "What are you doing here?" I asked, waiting for an explanation.

    "We were on the road but Kie made me come get you," He said, his eyes gazing over the room. Smiling when he got to the longboard leaning on the wall.

    "Kie made you come get me?" I said, breaking him from his thoughts. "Yeah said she needed to level out the testosterone or something" He laughed, pushing the throw pillows and blanket to the other side of the bed as he sat down.

    "So did you find what you were looking for at the lighthouse?" I asked curiously, letting go of the fact he had just broken into my room. "no, well not exactly but when I was cleaning"

    "Oh my god, you cleaned the house?" I cut him off with a laugh. He watched as I brought my hand to my face, in an attempt to cover my smile.

    He raised his brows at me, waiting for me to stop. "hmm okay I'm done" He nodded and continued

    "While I was cleaning" He stopped, waiting for me to crack up again but I didn't. "I put everything together and set it on fire but when I was watching it ya know, burn I looked at the corkboard. And under the family tree guess what I found."

    "John B, I don't know what you found. I sure as hell wouldn't guess what you found so just tell me" I told the boy, wanting to hear what crazy news he had.

    "Olivia Redfield" He watched as it clicked in my head, seeming to love the shocked look that settled on my face. "Redfield?" I said, letting out a laugh, a smile spreading across his face. One that gave me butterflies.

    "Redfield" He repeated, and while the two of us shared a moment, the horn from his van was being pounded on outside. "Hurry up!" JJ called, getting impatient.