Silk Sheets

Author:- CallMeByYourName97
Reviewer:- Chenhui

Author:- CallMeByYourName97Reviewer:- Chenhui

Thanks for agreeing for this. As a huge fan of Silk Sheets, I would like to know the inspiration behind it.

Yeah sure. Honestly I was trying to write a new story after writing goodbye and hello and I knew I needed a topic a lot of people would wanna read. I chose sugar daddy/luxury/wealth as my topic. I was in the shower just chillin and I thought up the entire seen where he walks down the steps in chapter 2 with the curtains flowing around him (slightly based off of baz lurmans interpretation of the great gatsby) and yeah, I thought of the whole book surrounding that scene where Celine and Jimin are kinda both “it’s you”.

—☆—

The book was great indeed. Did you have a hard time writing this book? If so, how did you cope up with it?

It was a lot of writing, if I’m being honest. But it was my first year of college and I was at the wrong school. I didn’t really get along with my roommates and I hated my classes. So to escape it all, I’d write. Writing silk sheets was the easiest part of my life back then because all that I was feeling kind of created the book. It’s the comments I get now that it blew up a bit that are the hardest part.

—☆—

That's hard. Readers often mistake the message what the author is trying to give. Aside Silk Sheets, which book of yours do you think is amazing and deserves as much as reads as Silk Sheets?

True! And I would probably say my book Honey. It’s completed btw. Its a play on the “well liked” girl in school helping a boy with social anxiety make friends. It seemed simple, but both are hiding secrets from the other. It is very highschool based, and shows accurate portrayals of what falling in love feels like when you are that young. Huge plot twist too!

—☆—

Honey definitely deserves it though I just started reading it. What inspired you to give the title Silk Sheets?

I actually thought of the title pretty early on! I love the aesthetic of silk sheets and it’s reminds me of wealth and beauty. Silk sheets is a motif throughout the book as well, and is used to explain the comfort between Jimin and Celine.

—☆—

That's actually unique. If it were me I would've chosen some random name. That's actually good!! What's your inspiration to continue writing without getting demotivated?

Hmm well that's a hard question because I do get de-motivated very often. And I am a firm believer that people should embrace their demotivation. If you don't want to write, don't write. Because if you force yourself to write when you are not feeling it, your work won't come out as good as you hoped. So take a break and enjoy your writer's slump.
If you like reallyyyyyy need to write, try to get a little fanbase for your books. Part of the reason why I wrote so much for silk sheets was because of the comments and the people being so passionate about it! It made me feel like I had to let people know what was going to happen next and it motivated me

—☆—

That's actually a nice advise for authors who tend to get demotivated sometimes. What do you think about the cliché stories growing in Wattpad?

Hmm idk I think there has always been cliche stories. Even some of the most popular ones are what people would consider “cliche”. It’s not my cup of tea, but if people enjoy it let them! Let’s just not pretend they are anything more than entertainment value yanno.

—☆—

Yup, that's true. What would you like to say to the readers of this segment and your fans?

Hi! If you haven’t read my stories, check them out. To the fans of my books thank you so much for the support! I couldn’t have finished these books without it :)

Thank you for joining me. This ends our interview.

—☆—

-from Kpop house studio-