Classic

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐
BTS BRITs Nomination
└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

BTS made history by becoming the first-ever Korean artist to be nominated at British Record Industry Trust Show(BRITs) Awards. BTS has been nominated in the "International Group" category at the 2021 BRITs Awards.

They are nominated along with American bands pop-rock band HAIM, hip hop duo Run The Jewels, rock band Foo Fighters, and also the Irish post-punk revival band Fontaines D.C. BTS also made history this year by becoming the first K-pop group to be nominated for a GRAMMY Award and they received a nomination in 'Best Pop Duo/Group Performance' at the 63rd GRAMMY Awards.

The BTS' ARMY could not be more thrilled and soon hashtag "BTSFirstBRITSNom" started to trend on Twitter today.
BTS landed its first Grammy nomination in November for “Dynamite,” but at the 63rd annual Grammy Awards ceremony on March 14, they were edged out for best pop duo/group performance by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande’s powerhouse duet “Rain on Me.”

The K-pop sensations landed their first Brit Awards nomination on Wednesday, and this time, they just may win. They’re nominated for best international group along with Fontaines D.C., an Irish post-punk band, and three American groups: Foo Fighters, Haim and Run the Jewels.

The Brit Awards reinstated that category this year, after a one-year absence, probably in large part because of BTS’ global popularity.

Let’s take a look at the five nominees for best international group -- including their nomination history at the Brit Awards and how they have fared on the U.K. charts since the current eligibility year began on Dec. 13, 2019. (The eligibility year ended on March 11, 2021.)

Unless otherwise specified, all chart numbers refer to the Official U.K. Albums Chart and the Official U.K. Singles Chart.

BTS: The lads landed their second No. 1 album with Map of the Soul – 7 and they just missed out on landing a third when Be peaked at No. 2. They also secured their first two top 10 singles: “Dynamite” (No. 3) and “Life Goes On” (No. 10). BTS are the first Korean act to receive a Brit Award nomination.