Unconditionally

Author:- MagicalMochii
Interviewer:- Dani

Author:- MagicalMochiiInterviewer:- Dani

Welcome To K Times Magazine. I'm dani, how many I call you and your pronouns?
Hi Dani. You can call me Mochi and I go by she/her.

Nice meeting you. I'll be interviewing you for your book, 40 weeks. What inspired you to write that book?

Nice to meet you and thanks for reaching out to me.

The short version is that I’d heard Jungkook’s cover of Justin Bieber’s Purpose. It was the first time I’d heard the song and I didn’t even know it was JB’s song at the time. My interpretation of it was that the song could be a parent’s feelings about their child. My imagination made more and more connections between the lyrics and the parent/child relationship as I listened, and that coupled with not yet finding a book I could immerse myself in led to the idea of writing one.

-☆-

Music leads to stories, that's a really wonderful start for any book. Has your writing journey been memorable or were there some hurdles while doing so?

My writing journey has absolutely had some hurdles. In its infancy when I was about 15, I had good story ideas but I didn’t know how to tell them very well, which led to me being discouraged when readers would leave negative feedback. It even led me to quit writing for a very long time. 40 Weeks was were I rediscovered my passion for writing but even that part of my journey wasn’t always smooth.

There were times when I thought about giving up on it because I wasn’t yet confident in my abilities as a writer. I had periods of writer’s block that were hard to break through. There were some chapters where I was afraid of how my readers would react to it but I wrote it anyway because I wanted to stay true to my vision for the book. The list goes on.

But the great thing about the journey is that I can look back and see what I’ve overcome. That’s an awesome feeling.

-☆-

I heard you have a son of your own. Having so much work to do and a son alongside, it never stopped you from writing or did it?

Yes! I have a lovable 9 year old named J and I work full time. Working and caring for a child had definitely restricted my time but it’s never stopped me from writing. Writing makes me happy and I do my best to carve out time to do it as often as I can. That often means a lot of late nights and lost sleep, especially during 40 Weeks. But I feel it’s worth it.

-☆-

You really worked hard towards it. I was really astonished with your writing and I must be honest, it's one of the finest writings ever; not to forget realistic. Aside writing, what do you do?

I appreciate that. I try my best to tell a good story. Besides writing I play video games. I love Minecraft and a have a decent collection of retro games on Nintendo and Super Nintendo. I picked up a ukulele about 6 months ago and I play a lot of BTS and Steven Universe songs. I’ve been getting into K and C-dramas lately too. And of course, I read a good amount of fan fiction lol.

-☆-

I relate to your schedule, it's my daily thing to do. Considering you have a child, you're an adult, what occupation do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

I currently work in the healthcare field, gynecology in particular. Most of my career has been spent in women’s health but I’ve worked in pediatrics as well.

-☆-

Explains the immense knowledge of the pregnancy in 40 weeks. You are really a hardworker! I appreciate!! Is there any other your book which you hope has same amount of readers as in 40 weeks?

Thank you. I drew heavily on my work and personal experience while writing.

That’s a great question. It honestly doesn’t matter to me how many readers my books have. From the first day I began writing, I had it in my mind that I was writing for me. This was a story I wanted to tell just for the sake of telling it. Just like any other writer, I wanted others to like what I wrote and I’m truly appreciative of everyone that has given my book a place in their library whether it’s just 1 person or 1,000,000.

-☆-

Down to earth, you are really sweet. Is there anything you'd like to tell the people reading this segment or your readers?

Thank you so much. I would like to give my deepest thanks to my readers for showing my work so much love. Without them interacting with it and recommending it to others it wouldn’t have reached the level of  success it has. This has become an unforgettable part of my writing journey because of them and I can’t thank them enough.

-☆-

Thank you for sharing your time with me for an interview. It was really nice knowing you.

You’re very welcome and thank you for your interest in me. It was great to meet you.

-☆-

-from Kpop house studio-