Sad Hours

[MAMAMOO’s Wheein Leaves RBW + Will Continue MAMAMOO Group Activities]

RBW has confirmed that MAMAMOO’s Wheein will not be renewing his contract with the agency, although she will continue to promote with MAMAMOO for group activities

On June 11, RBW issued the following statement:

Hello, this is RBW.

First, we would like to sincerely thank everyone, including MooMoo [fandom name] both in Korea and abroad, for loving and supporting MAMAMOO.

We have renewed our contracts with three members of MAMAMOO: Solar, Moonbyul, and Hwasa. [The contract renewal was] based on mutual faith and trust, and we promise to give them our generous support so that they can fulfill their dreams in music activities and various fields.

MAMAMOO’s Wheein has been in in-depth discussions with us like the other members for a long time, but in the end, she decided not to renew her contract. Hence, we would like to inform you that our exclusive contract with her will be terminated.

We fully respect Wheein’s choice, and we sincerely wish Wheein, who is starting a new chapter in life, happiness and good fortune. We would like to thank Wheein for shining with us for the past 7 years.

However, all four members have unchanging affection for MAMAMOO, so Wheein signed an extended agreement to participate in some activities, including albums and concerts, until December 2023. MAMAMOO’s music will continue as much as the great love fans have sent them, and we will inform you about the specific future activities later.

MAMAMOO is currently preparing for their summer concert. They will show good music and activities separately and together as MooMoo’s best friend, so please continue to give them warm encouragement and support.

Thank you.

MAMAMOO debuted in June 2014, making this their seventh year as a group. Solar and Moonbyul renewed their contracts with RBW in January, and Hwasa renewed hers in March.

The group recently returned with their 11th mini album “WAW” and the accompanying title track “Where Are We Now.”

Following news of her departure from RBW, MAMAMOO’s Wheein has posted a handwritten letter on her personal Instagram account

Hello, this is MAMAMOO’s Wheein.

I’m sure MooMoo [fandom name] and the many people who supported us heard the news from the official articles.

I’m ready to leave RBW, an agency that is like my hometown where I spent ten years since I was a trainee crying, smiling, and slowly getting to where I am now, and move onto a new environment.

It’s the first time I’ve encountered something like this in my life, so it’s very unfamiliar and difficult, and I feel many different emotions.

Thanks to RBW that worked hard with me for a long time and their efforts, I was able to receive so much love. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the agency!

Thank you MooMoo for being with me for the brightest seven years of my youth. I’ll work harder so that I can spend happier days with MOOMOO and my members, and I’ll also participate in many activities and repay you with good music!

All four members of MAMAMOO will always be with you. I will keep your countless words of support, concern, and encouragement in my heart and live a wonderful and brave life in the future.

Please keep an eye on MAMAMOO and me as we soar higher!
Thank you!
I love you, MooMoo.

Please keep an eye on MAMAMOO and me as we soar higher!Thank you!I love you, MooMoo