Get Well Soon

ATEEZ first debuted in 2018 with KQ Entertainment. The Kpop group consists of 8 members: Hongjoong, Seonghwa, Yunho, Yeosang, San, Mingi, Wooyoung, and Jongho.

On Nov. 15, KQ Entertainment announced that Mingi will take a temporary hiatus from the band’s activities for health reasons.

 15, KQ Entertainment announced that Mingi will take a temporary hiatus from the band’s activities for health reasons

According to KQ Entertainment, Mingi has begun experiencing psychological anxiety. The company released a statement to fans to alert ATINY that Mingi will be taking a temporary hiatus to recover.

KQ Entertainment's announcement:

"Hello, this is KQ Entertainment.

We have some unfortunate news to share about the health of ATEEZ’s Mingi, Recently, Mingi had begun to experience psychological anxiety, which he had never experienced before. He discussed his symptoms with the agency and went to the hospital to get tested and diagnosed. As a result, the doctor recommended that he needed to get plenty of rest and stability. After long discussions between ATEEZ, including Mingi, and the agency, it was decided that Mingi would focus on his treatment and recovering his health. Therefore, Mingi will temporarily take a hiatus from ATEEZ’s activities."

The statement then goes on to say that ateez will continue to promote with seven members for the time being and that when he is ready to return will.

"During his hiatus, Mingi will not participate in separate activities but instead focus on recovering his health. The agency will do everything we can to help him quickly return to full health.”

Following KQ Entertainment’s announcement, ATINY sent supporting messages to Mingi through social media. Fans have been really supportive of this and his name was even trending on Twitter.

 Fans have been really supportive of this and his name was even trending on Twitter

On Nov. 17, ATEEZ celebrated ATINY Day, which marks the anniversary of the K-pop group announcing the official fandom name. Based on fans’ kind messages for Mingi and ATEEZ’s dedication to celebrating their fans, it is clear that the fandom and band have mutual respect for one another.