Lilac

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Lilac Album Review

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Lilac (Korean: 라일락) is the fifth Korean-language studio album by South Korean singer-songwriter IU. It was released on March 25, 2021, through Edam Entertainment. The album debuted atop the Gaon Album Chart.

Quick Disclaimer:- We all have different opinions, if yours vary mine then please don't come at me. We all can have different taste and opinions.

LILACStars - (4

LILAC
Stars - (4.5/5)
Strongest point - I personally love retro and 80's city pop genres.  This song is one of my favorites from her recent album. Her voice really compliments this genre, especially in the chorus.
Weakest point - The MV is not my cup of tea and I think it can be improved.
*Feedback *- Overall this song was memorable and pleasant.

—☆—

Flu
Stars - (5/5)
Strongest point - The tune of the song is amazing and the electric pop music makes it lit. Also, can we talk about the 'huhuhu'? The way she says it is so satisfying (not me listening to that part again and again).
Weakest point- none
*Feedback  *- Her voice is beautiful ( ╥﹏╥) and this song is amazing.

—☆—

Coin
Stars - (10000/5)
Strongest point - Yes. This is my favorite song from this album. Since I am not familiar with IU's singing style I didn't know that she could rap/sing in a lower tone. This was a surprise factor and it took me off guard. I also like MV.
Weakest point - Repetition of lyrics.
Feedback - The lyrics are a bit repetitive but the song was hype and catchy.

—☆—

Hi spring Bye and My sea
Hi spring Bye - Stars - (4/5)
My sea - Stars - (5/5)
These songs remind me why IU is one of the most beloved vocalists of her generation. Both of the ballads are really beautiful. I personally don't listen to ballads but these songs left a strong impression on me. If I had to chose a superior one it would be My Sea. I love how every part/chorus has a different message in it.

—☆—

Ah puh
Stars - (4/5)
This song is very playful and refreshing. I didn't like it at the beginning but the chorus changed my mind completely. I love it! It is very catchy and I can't stop listening to it!
Feedback: If you like refreshing music then this song is made for you.

—☆—

Celebrity
Stars - (5/5)
I discovered this song like a month ago and I am still obsessed with it. It is a masterpiece and the lyrics are absolutely beautiful. The percussion is a bit misused in my opinion but except that I love the upbeat melody of this song.
Feedback: Yes. Just YES.

—☆—

-Reporter Lee