Hearts

Author:- Kim_eats
Interviewer:- Chenhui

Welcome to Kpop House's K Times Magazine Interview

Welcome to Kpop House's K Times Magazine Interview. I will be interviewing you regarding your books Bangtan Series. How do I call you and your pronouns?

Hello! You can call me Appi and my pronouns are she and her.

What was your inspiration to write this 7 book series called Bangtan Series?

At first, I actually wanted to just write a good hyung line FF, especially starring Kim Seokjin. I was quite disappointed while looking for good hyung line book and then I found this user, occamy, and she has absolutely amazing hyung line books. Along with the wish to write a hyung line book and the series occamy is writing, I felt like I could write much more books with complexity and overlapping that way. Thus, the idea of series with the BTS members starring as themselves.

—☆—

What advise would you give to learning writers?

I'd say, just keep writing. Keep experimenting with different plots, different writing styles. Even if you don't get that much reads or votes, just don't lose hope. Look out for where you might be going wrong that your books don't get read much. Don't hesitate from asking help. Go to review shops, cover shops and get your work reviewed. Take all the criticism you get with positivity and keep a forward going mind. You are not going to be the best in the first try. For me too, I deleted one of my more famous books because I wasn't satisfied with it. Do what makes you happy and satisfied but also, don't limit yourself. Just keep going, learning and improving.

—☆—

I'm pretty sure many have been motivated to write stories; have you ever felt like quitting writing?

Not really. Writing is a way of expressing for me. I'm not very talkative in real life and I've found that I'm much better at expressing my feelings while writing it down rather than talking. It's one of those things I've been good at since a young age and I can't imagine quitting writing. And I hope, with all my being that I don't lose my love for writing ever.

—☆—

That's great!! I, personally, enjoy your books and am waiting for the entire series to be out. Any future plans after this [series]?

I can't wait for the entire series to release either because currently I'm holding more inside my brain rather than on the paper.
After completing this complete series, I am going to release a book with original characters. No FF for a while after this. I also plan to get more into thriller-mystery writing too. Or just plain drama related books. Lots of melodrama. (Courtesy of Penthouse)

—☆—

Now that you mentioned penthouse, do you watch kdramas? if yes, please do recommend some.

After reading books and listening to songs, kdrama is my biggest addiction. I'd definitely suggest you to watch Penthouse. It's such a mind boggling drama and so well written. Tale of the nine tailed, Strong woman Do Bong Soon, Mr. Queen, She was pretty, Kill me heal me, Hwarang, Hotel Del Luna, Where your eyes linger and Forest are my all time favourites.

—☆—

That's sweet enough of you to share some! I bet people reading this will be grateful as well. In the entire series of Bangtan Series, which is your favorite one?

I hope it's helpful, although I feel like everyone know these dramas already.
Favorite one, well, After Hours is always going to have a special place in my heart because that's the book I planned the whole series around. So, it's the ultimate in my list. There's also one another which is going to be the 4th book in the series starring Jung Hoseok. It addresses some subjects that are very close to my heart, so, I think it'll come second when I release it. Still, all books are equally important to me and I hope all 7 books get the same amount of love and attention.

—☆—

Is there something you want to share to the readers of this digest?

Other than checking out the series? Well, I haven't been that long on Wattpad but in this time I've made really good friends and achieved a lot of things. My biggest problem is that I'm too anxious when I have to share my ideas. I don't know how many times I backed out of releasing my first book, or how many times I debated if the plot is good enough. Through all this, I've learnt that you won't ever know what your potential is unless you test yourself. You can't be a coward and stay low key all the time. If you have talent, just show it. Whatever happens next is future and you should live in the present. So, take risks, test yourself and learn new things. You'll find many good things through it. Like, for me I found so many good friends, guidance and support and all this has made me courageous enough to try out the general fiction genre.
You'd never know what you are capable of unless you do what not only your heart but your whole body tells you do.

—☆—

Thank you for sparing your time Appi, hoping to see more creations by you!!

Thank you for this opportunity, Chenhui. Seriously, I've never been more happier and this is just huge for me. And I'm not lying. If my mum wasn't sitting infront of me, I'd be bouncing up and down screaming, although, I'm not like that usually. 😂

—☆—

-from Kpop house studio-