Chapter 1

{TRIS POV}

I start my new school today. I have superpowers and I can't wait to be able to use them. My new school teaches me how to use them.

I've always had this weird birthmark on my arm. It looks like a fire. That makes sense, I guess, because I do have the power of fire.

My power makes me glow up red, It also makes my hair flow like silky fire up in the air. But this is only if I'm mad.

I get dressed into faded jean shorts and a crop top. I slide down the stairs handle and jump off at the bottom. I go into the kitchen.

"The queen bee has awaken" i declare. My mom rolls her eyes.

"Do you have to do this every morning?" She whines.

"Well duh" I say. My dad comes into the kitchen and kisses my forehead.

"Ready for your new school" my dad asks me.

"It's so unfair! Why did she get super powers and I didn't!" Caleb complains. I laugh at his stupidity.

"Because I'm just that awesome" I state like its the most obvious thing in the world.

"No, well yeah, but also because your mom doesn't have powers and I do, so one of you had to get no powers." My dad says. Me and my dad are the only ones who have powers in the family.

"But-" Caleb starts but my dad cuts him off my freezing him. He
Looks like a giant ice cube.

"Nice one dad!" I say high fiving him.

"I know right!" He exclaims grinning.

"ANDREW PRIOR UNFREEZE OUR SON THIS INSTANT!" My mother scolds. My dad rolls his eyes and unfreezes him. Caleb falls on his face and me and my dad burst out laughing.

"Okay well I'll see you guys later!" I yell running out the door.

"Bye!" My dad yells still laughing.
I hop in my cherry red Ferrari and head to school. My mom and dad are pretty rich.

I pull up to school hop out of my car. Some boys start to whistle but I just ignore them. I walk up to the front desk.

"Tris prior" I say to the women.

"Power?" She asks.

"Fire" I reply bored. She nods and Hands me my schedule. I go to my locker then head to class.

"Okay class today we will be showing eachother our powers and you must demonstrate them" The teacher, Tori, I think says. "First up, Uriah pedrad" The boy uriah goes up to the front.

"Hi I'm uriah and I'm Zekes brother" He says. That's weird I used to have best friends names Zekey and Uri. They were brothers. I'll talk to them later.

"My power is speed" Uriah says. He runs out of the classroom then comes back 5 seconds later with Starbucks.

"OMG can I have that????" I ask him pointing to the coffee. He nods and hands it to me. I take a sip.

"I think I'm in love!" I exclaim.

"I know I'm very attractive but-" I cut Uriah off.

"Not you! The coffee!" I yell. The class laughs and Uriah sits down.

"Zeke!" Tori yells. Zeke goes up to the front.

"Hi I'm Zeke and I'm that things brother" Zeke says pointing to Uriah. I laugh and so does Zeke.

"Anyways my power is invisibility" he states. He disappears then reappears sitting in his seat. Well then.

"Marlene Jackson" Tori calls.
Marlene walks up to the front.

"Hi I'm Marlene and my power is walking through things" Marlene says. She walks through the wall into the hallway then walks back in.

"Shauana Danne!" Tori says. Shauna walks up to the front of the class.

"I'm shauana and I can teleport" she says. She teleports then comes back a minute later with a British flag. "I went to Paris" she says then sits down.

"Lynn Halter!" Tori yells.
Lynn walks up.

"I'm not even going to introduce my self because as you all know, Tori decided to do that for me" Lynn says. Tori grins and Lynn continues "my power is super strength"

Lynn picks up two desks and setts them back down. She goes and sits back down in her seat.

"Four eaton" Tori calls out. Four walks up to the front. We lock eyes and his eyes look oddly familiar.

"Hey, im four and I can read minds" he says. "You! think of something!" He says pointing at me.

HIS EYES, THEY LOOK SO FAMILIAR

"My eyes look familiar? Oh my god is it you Bea?" He asks me tears forming in his eyes. I nod and he runs up and hugs me.

"I told you I would find you" he whispers in my ear. He sits back down in his seat.

"Tris prior!" Tori says. I get up and go to the front of the class.

"I'm tris and my power is fire" I introduce myself. "What my power does is when I get mad my body glows red and my hair bursts into flames and flows in the air like silky lava" I tell them.

"Watch, um, t-four, you know what gets me mad, so say it" I say. He nods.

"Marcus" he says. I feel my body glow red and my hair flow up in the air, like silky lava. I sit down and Toby whispers in my ear,

"That keeps getting hotter and hotter every time I see it!" He exclaims. I grin and look up at him. "It just never gets old" he says.