Chapter 14

(TOBYS POV)

I hear Bea and Lily laughing behind me, chasing each other. The sun beats down on my head with massive heat waves. My white tank top sticks to my body with sweat. I flip the hamburgers again and again over the sizzling grill. I hear the door bell ring and go to open it. I Answer it and see uriah.

"The party don't start till I walk in" He says. He walks inside with his pants low and his cap on backwards. Marlene and Zeke are right behind him rolling their eyes. As soon as I shut the door the door bell rings again. Really?

"Hey!" Chris exclaims when I open the door. Her and will step Inside.

"Hey man" will says.

"Hey" I reply. Shauna and Lynn walk up the path and into the house. Lynn nods at me and Shauna smiles.
We all go out back and the girls run up to Bea squealing. The guys surround me.

"So dude, how Ya been" Zeke asks me.

"Good now that Tris got her memory back. I can't believe she could've died. I can't imagine my life without her" I tell them. They nod.

"Oh and we got you this" Uriah says handing me a small package.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"Condoms" Will informs me. I nod. I'm not gonna argue because me and tris aren't like that so I know I won't be needing it, so why argue?

"Shall we eat?" I ask them. They nod. We walk over to the girls.

"You ladies wanna eat?" Zeke asks them. They nod and walk over to the picnic table. I walk over to the grill and take the burgers off of it. I put them on a tray with tin foil. I bring them over to the table and set it down. Their eyes light up like uriah on Christmas.

"Dig in" I insist. Bea is eyeing it like a hawk. I chuckle. She's so cute. I decide to read her mind.

I want one in my stomach, NOW!!!

I double over laughing and fall to the ground. They all look up from their food and look at me. Their giving me a look that says 'What in the living hell is wrong with you'

"Tris.....mind......read" I say between laughs. Everyone looks at tris and she looks down blushing.

"I really wish you had a different power, anything but that one!" Bea whines.

"why? Are you afraid I'll here you mind raping me?" I question her with an eyebrow raised.

"Maybe....." She mutters. I look at her.

"Do I need to look into this?" Chris asks us. We shake our heads and go back to eating our food. But when tris turns to talk to shauna I look at Christiana and nod my head. She grins and takes tris inside, probably to torment her in anyway possible. Sorry tris.

I look around the table and see uriah with his arm around Marlene and zeke holding shaunas hand. I see Lily eating while poking will. That's my girl. Then I see lynn at the end of the table so I get up and go sit next to her.

"How Ya been steroids?" Lynn asks me. After tris left I found lynn and we became friends and then we met the gang. She gave me the nickname steroids because she thinks my abbs and huge biceps are from steriods. There not.

"Good, you?" I ask her. She shakes her head and looks down.

"What's wrong?" I ask her. She keeps looking down. I grab her chin and pull her head up to look at me.

"What's wrong?" I demand searching her eyes.

"I feel left out because every one of you guys are dating so when we go somewhere you leave me out" she says with sadness in her voice.

"We don't do that-" I start to say but then it hits me. We do leave her out a lot.

"I'll gonna find you a boyfriend on Monday okay?" I ask her. Her eyes light up.

"Really?!?!?" She asks. I nod and stand up. I walk inside the house and put my ear against the kitchen door to see what their saying.

"I can't believe you made it this far" Chris says.

"I know" Bea replies.

"It ends Monday" Chris replies.

"I know" Bea says in a sad voice.

"Don't tell me your actually starting to like him" Chris questions. Who?

"I-I-I um....no.... It's just that I don't won't to do that to him Monday" Tris says. Do what to who?

"It's just a dare. All you have to do is go up on the stage at lunch and dump him and say you never liked him in the first place" Chris says. My heart drops.

"Why do I have to do this again, Pretend to date him then embarrass him in front of the whole school?" Bea asks.

"Because if you want the information and resources then you have to do the dare" Chris says. The what?

Bea sighs. "I'm so sorry toby" she mutters to herself. A tear slips down my cheek. Now I get it. I run back to the backyard. Those four words repeat in my mind over and over.

I'm so sorry toby