Chapter 4

(TOBYS POV)

We are walking through the parking lot towards our cars. I decide to scare Bea. I run up behind her and throw her over my shoulder.

"To-by put me down!" She shrieks. I laugh and shake my head. I keep walking and she starts to pound on my back. I put her down and she smiles up at me. The same beautiful smile I used to see everyday.

"I don't get how you guys got a better prize then all of us combined" Chris says shocked. She's holding the bear that I won for Bea.

"Because I put extra tokens in our cups" I whisper to Bea, so only she could hear. She stifles a laugh.

"Because Toby has been good at those things since we were little" Bea explains to them, like its the most obvious thing in the world. They nod.

"hey Bea?" I ask her.

"Mhmm?" She asks me. I start to get really nervous.

"Well um remember when we used to hold hands you know, like a friendly gesture?" I ask her hoping she remembers. She nods. I grab her hand and say, "well I've missed it"

"You know your team would've lost if we could have used our powers" Will states. That is true.

"Why couldn't we use our powers?" Uriah asks confused. What an idiot.

"Because there was cameras in there and they would have seen us use them! Idiot" Zeke sneers.

Bea smiles and we walk to her car. She gave me a ride here. I let go of her hand then open the door for her. She gets In and I walk to the other side.

I wanna ask Bea on a date but I don't wanna go to fast. I really want to read her mind but that's an invasion of privacy.

We pull up to her house and get out. I'm her neighbor.

"Night my bumble Bea" I say. She laughs and shakes her head. I kiss her cheek and walk back to my house. I get inside and slide down the door. Im smiling like an idiot.

"Awwww someone's in love" I hear my father Marcus say.

"Geuss what!" I ask him. Now my moms in front of me too.

"Bea's back!" I yell happy. They have always loved Bea like one of their daughters.

"We know hunny, we're going over for dinner tomorrow" My mom says. I can't wait. I love my parents. I go up to my room and lay on the bed. I hear the door open and my little sister walks in. She sits on my bed and hugs me.

"So I heard you got a girlfriend" She says. My little sister is seven.

"No just a friend" I tell her. I read her mind and she said 'yeah sure' In her mind. "I'm telling the truth" I add.

"Okay well goodnight" She says getting up.

"Night" I kiss her forehead and she leaves. I lay down on my bed and fall into a deep sleep.