Chapter 19

(TOBYS POV)

Fear glistens through Tris's eyes. I'm scared too, But I have to be strong. For her.

"Bea?" I ask her. She sits up straighter.

"Yeah?" She replies.

"Do you want to hide?" I ask her. I don't.

"No" she states. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I don't want them to take away our lives Toby. But when they get to us, Their going to kill me" she whispers.

"I'm not gonna let that happen." I tell her. They'll have to kill me first.

"Toby...... I'm really sorry about the whole dare thing" she says. This surprises me.

"Did you ever even love me?" I ask her. I have a pleading look in my eyes. I can feel it. I really hope she did.

"I realized I loved you all along" she says, a tear running down her warm cheek. I brush it away.

"I believe you" I say truthfully. I embrace her in a hug.

"So, Are we dating?" I ask her, pulling away.

"If you want to" she tells me.

"I'm geuss we are then" I say smiling. I've missed hugging her, holding her hand, kissing her, just plain being with her. She smiles back at me and we get up.

"Time to get ready for the party" I tell her. She nods. I walk her home then walk next door, to mine.

"Mom! Dad!" I yell, putting my coat on the rack.

"In the kitchen sweetie" my mom calls. I walk into the kitchen and see my mom cooking.

"Where's dad?" I ask her.

"Work. He'll be home in about 10 minutes" she replies, pouring oil on the frying pan. I'll ask them about the party when my dad gets here.

I hear the door close and my father steps into the kitchen.

"Or 1" my mom says laughing.

"Hey" my dad says kissing my mom. He sits down in the chair next to mine.

"Can I go to a party at the pedrads tonight" I blurt out. They turn their heads towards me.

"I guess so" my dad says. My mom nods. I kiss my moms cheek then hug my dad and run upstairs yelling "Thank you!"

I get to my room and I throw on a t-shirt and jeans. I add a tie but I can't figure out how to put it on.

"LILY!!!!" I yell. My sister Lily comes running into the room.

"I can't tie this!" I whine. She rolls her eyes.

"Idiot" she mutters.

"Hey!" I say, placing my hand on my heart in mock hurt. She giggles and stands on my bed. I turn around to face her. She fixes my tie.

"Thanks cutie" I say kissing her cheek. She giggles and runs out of my room. Time to party pedrad style.

(TRIS POV)

"Mom! Dad! Can I go to a party tonight?" I yell walking in the front door.

"Where?" My mom yells. I follow the voice and find my mom, dad, and brother in the kitchen.

"The pedrads" I tell them. Their eyes widen.

"Wait, Uriah and zeke pedrad, sons of Elizabeth and Bernie pedrad from like 10 years ago?" My mom asks. I nod.

"How are they?" My dad asks. Ugh, I just needed to ask you people a question. Now I need to give a life story?

"Good, so can I go?" I ask.

"To a party, at 16 years old? With boys? And drunk people?" My mom says with a 'Are you fucking serious' look.

"Pretty much" I nod.

"Sure." My dad says. My mom gapes at him.

"What? She's a 16, jeez Natalie, let her live" my dad argues. My mom glares at him, she's about to say something but is interrupted by Caleb.

"Can I go?" Caleb buts in. I scoff.

"In your dreams" I tell him. My dad grins.

"Now Tris, if your brother wants to go he can go" my dad says. I look at him in disbelief. Out of all people I thought my dad would at least agree with me.

"Yes!" Caleb exclaims running upstairs. I turn to my dad.

"Why-"

"I'll be back" my dad interrupts. He runs upstairs after Caleb.

I go to my room to go get ready. I throw on jeans and a red plaid shirt. Then I put on a red beanie and red converse to match.

I walk downstairs and yell bye to my parents. Then yell for Caleb to hurry up.

"He's not going. He changed his mind." My dad says. I raise an eyebrow at my dad. He grins then mouths 'I locked him in his room'. I laugh to myself and walk out the door.

(TIME SKIP TO PARTY)

"WELCOME TO THE PEDRAD PARTY" Uriah yells. Everyone cheers.

"Tonight we will party PEDRAD style" Zeke yells. More cheers.

"LET THE PARTY BEGIN" Uriah and Zeke yell in sync. Cheers and then music blasts through the house.

I can't find any of my friends so I just start walking around trying to find people I know.

After about 20 minutes of looking I decide I need fresh air and walk out to the porch. I sigh when I open the front door. You can still hear the music but it's faint.

"Getting a little boring here for ya?" Someone asks from behind me. I turn around and see Tobias. I smile.

"Needed some air too?" I ask him. He nods.

"Yeah. I was just about to go inside to look for Zeke and Uriah to see when we're playing truth or dare. Wanna come" he asks.

"Sure" he takes my hand and leads me inside. We walk upstairs and look in every room. There's like a hundred. Damn their house is huge. I sigh and stop to take a break. Tobias turns around.

"Come here" he picks me up and takes me to an empty room. He lays me down on the bed then lays down next to me. I turn to him.

"Hey." I whisper.

"Hi." He says. He smiles at me then laughs.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. Your just so adorable" he says. I smile and he presses my mouth to his. It starts to get heated and the rest is history.