Chapter 23

(TRIS POV)

After the flour war all of us go to my house to take showers. After all of us take showers, Chris, will, Marlene, Shauna, and Lynn leave.

"When are you guys leaving?" I ask Zeke and Uriah plopping down on the couch. Tobias left too because he said he has to plan his sisters birthday party for tomorrow.

"Is it cool if we crash here? Uriah is hungover and my mom can't see him like this. She would rip my head off for letting him drink" Zeke begs, sitting down next to me.

"Thatttt woullllld be fffffunny, Zekkkke havvving noooo headdddd" Uriah slurs. I roll my eyes and turn to Zeke.

"Yeah it's cool, you can stay" I tell him. He sighs of relief.

"Thanks trissy poo!" He says kissing my cheek.

"No problem, I'll go get us snacks" I say getting up. I get to the kitchen and reach for the chips but someone beats me to it. I turn around and see Caleb.

"Hey let go! I need these!" I say tugging on the bag. He tugs back.

"But I'm hungry!" He whines. We start having a tug-o-war.

"But I'm feeding 4 people!" I snap. My hand covers my mouth letting go of the chip bag. I just said 4 not 3. Shit.

"Four? Who's here?" He asks. I gulp.

"Zeke and Uriah, their staying the night" I reply.

"Then that's only three people, you said four" he says looking at me weird. "And it's a school night, why are they here?" He adds.

I ignore his last question. What should I do? Should I tell him about the baby? Well, it's now or never.

"Caleb........I'm-I'm pregnant" I mutter looking down. I hear the chip bag fall to the floor.

"Your-your what?" He asks. I don't look up nor say anything.

"Beatrice! Your too young to have a baby!who's the father?!" He demands. I gulp.

"Tobias..." I mutter. Tears form in my eyes.

"Tobias! Tobias eaton! I can't believe you Beatrice! Go tell mom and dad or I will" he says storming up the stairs and slamming his bedroom door. Tears pour down my cheeks. I decide to go tell them. I pick up the chips and go to the living room.

"There you are!" Zeke complains but stops when he sees my face.

"Awe what's wrong?" He says wiping my tears. I look up at him.

"I'm going to go tell my parents about the baby" I say sternly. He nods and pull me into a hug.

"Good luck" he whispers and kisses my forehead.

I start up the stairs when I hear Uriah yell "Tris wait!"

"Yeah?" I say wiping my tears.

"Can I have the chips?" He ask innocently. I roll my eyes and toss home the chips. I see Zeke whack Uriahs head. I laugh. I love those two.

I walk in my parents bedroom and I see them snuggled up watching a movie. Awe that's cute.

"Mom? Dad?" I whisper. They turn their heads to look at me.

"What's up princess?" Dad asks. I gulp.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask quietly. They nod and my mom pauses the movie.

I take a deep breath. You can do this. But what if they kick me out? What if they disown me? No, don't think like that! I take another deep breath.

"I'm pregnant" I whisper. I can't look them in the eyes. My mother gasps. I look up and see my dad smiling and my moms shocked face.

"Awesome, can I be the grandfather?" My dad asks. I stifle a laugh and roll my eyes. My mom whacks my dads arm.

"Dad, you ARE the grandfather" I say in a bored tone. My mother turns around.

"Leave" she says. My eyes widen.

"What?" I ask. My dad looks at her.

"Leave this room, now!" She demands. I obey her and leave the room. Tears sting my eyes. I walk down to the living room to find Zeke and Uriah playing video games. Zeke pauses it and turns to me.

"How'd it go?" He asks me. I look down.

"My mom and brother hate me" I tell him. He walks over to me.

"Hey, it's okay" he says hugging me. I bury my face in his chest. "It'll be okay"

They turn off the lights and Zeke sets me down on the couch and kisses my forehead. Uriah lays on the other one. Zeke starts to lay down on the floor but i stop him.

"Can you lay with me?" I ask him. He smiles.

"Of course" he replies. He gets in next to me and puts his arms around me. I snuggle into him and close my eyes.

"Don't worry. It's okay. I'm here for you" he says. Tears blur my eyes.

"What will people do at school tomorrow?" I ask him quietly.

"They don't have to know. But when they do, I will protect you" he says. He kisses my forehead and holds me closer.

I let his heartbeat sing me asleep.