Chapter 27

/////

/////

"Its been an year since we last heard from him."

"Lagta ha sudhar gya ha."

(I think he has learnt his lesson.)

"Wo sudharnay walo maise nahi. Kuch na kuch kichrri to pak rahi hogi." Abakaram raked his hand through his hair and whispered underneath his breath.

(He isn't someone who learns his lesson fast. Something must be fishy.)

"It isn't new, you daft!" Junaid gave him a 'dah' look, "what's new is that Azain hasn't showed his ass in months."

Abkaram shrugged, "I know right." His one leg reaching the ground and the other one dangling from the table, he sat on . "I have been thinking the same."

Abakaram continued, often gesturing animatedly, "Sometimes I wonder how long this cat & mouse game will continue. Last time his men were sentenced to death. Now what's worst than rape, he is thinking to come with."

"How someone thinks money makes them God is out of my limits to understand." Junaid stared at one of the paintings on the wall.

"There's a difference between being rich and being in power."

"And he has got both of the things."

They heard the door bell ring and both stood up, taking in the stairs they shut the secret door of the apartment which led them to their heinous yet pretty basement.

They heard it ring again and Abakaram opted to open the door, finding the most unpredictable person standing there.

"Hello!" Abdul Rehman gave him a wide wolfish smile.

Abkaram knew that Bazil and Zaman had the keys so the person who rang bell was definitely someone out of the circle but him?

He opened the door wide for Abdul Rehman who walked in, looking at the apartment around observingly.

"So where is my bud?" He turned on his heels and gazed at Abakaram.

"Zaman has a wedding going on. Didn't he tell you?"

"It isn't like i need to be told."

Abakaram closed the door and walked them to the lounge. "So how you landed here?"

"Zaman hadn't been in touch in quiet a while."

"How would we know the answer to this?"

"Point." Abdul Rehman lifted up his forefinger, "but you might still know since you both are on his tail all the time."

Junaid who was sitting there keeping mum, spoke, "so how's your work?"

With that Abdul Rehman heaved a sigh, "its good Alhamdulillah. Work load makes me think that I should have become a businessman rather than a doctor."