Chapter 18

Whole night Amarha kept turning and tossing in her bed

Whole night Amarha kept turning and tossing in her bed. She sat up, sighing, raking her slender fingers in her long hair. She lunged to unwind her dupatta across her neck and put it back on her head. She leaned against the headboard. Her mind on a rollercoaster. She cussed it and she blamed Mohsin for that.

She needed a healthy eight hours sleep to be attentive towards her patients. She decided to not stress over and think of positive things in life. She tried think about Zavair's unborn child. She decided to think about what she would wear on her friend's wedding. Will the heels look good or should she go with the flats? How Almas' daughter be looking right now sleeping, her plumped lips parted. Amarha chuckled thinking of Parisa. She was the cutest child one could ask for. She was truly a Pari, Fairy.

But her mind rushed back to Mohsin. What about him? Soon tears sprung into her eyes. She shook her head. He would've pulled a prank definitely. She would talk to him about it in the morning. She laid back and soon drifted off.

Other day at hospital, she asked about him from a doctor when she couldn't find him. Doctors were off to have lunch.

"Well Mohsin is doing an MRI scan with some fresh doctors."

She had nodded. "Any idea how long it gonna take?"

"Might take a while. Who knows." That person shrugged.

She spent whole day with a sullen mood. On the way out she finally got to see him when he exiting the main door of the department. The elevator door opened for him and she ran in just behind him.

Quiet.

She was staring at the reflection in the metal walls of the lift. It was a few seconds together and the elevator door opened. They were at the ground floor, a very busy place. She wanted to  reach him but someone stopped her by. "Excuse me doctor Amarha. Some man named Yousaf Zaman had come to meet you."

"Oh--" Her eyes followed Mohsin and soon he was vanished in the hallway. That name sounded familiar and soon it clicked her brain. It was the same man whose wound she had bandaged once and later turned out to be a politician.

She was led by the nurse into the room she knew very well. Waiting room.

***

It was a pleasant evening. Hues of sky was so enticing that he kept standing at the balcony railing. His eyes were at his parents' house. And then something interesting caught his eyes. It was an elderly aged man. He sat by the pavement on the other side of road, facing Zaman's house. He was in a tattered coat which had may paywand on it, at some patches it was  blue, at some orange.

Even tho winters were almost over but still evenings were the coldest. He wondered what was so important for that old man that made him sit here. Cool wind was so blood freezing. He went inside to attend a call and then turned on tv for himself as he worked on his laptop. Two hours had flown by when he took a break for dinner.