Chapter 17

A few days passed and Zaman had some work in Hayatabad

A few days passed and Zaman had some work in Hayatabad. He had to meet an old friend in regard if something.

On the way back, Moizin called for the prayer. It was Maghrib as the sun dropped and hues of blue mixing with orange could be seen in far, casting the silhouette of the row of mountains of Fata in the evening sky.

He stopped his car by the white Mosque, Safaid Masjid, in the language of dwellers. His mind trailed back to his teen years when a blast had happened to occur in Jummah prayer in this magnificent Mosque. What a sorrowful day it was!

And when his father had taken him to the hospital, Hayatabad Medical Complex, to donate blood to those who had survived and needed it. With the thought of hospital, Marga came in her mind. She worked in the same place and with that another wave of emotions rioted him. From the couple of days, he had been so restless and so giddy to send his parents.

And then his mind travelled back to memories when he would visit the house across hers. When she would come to the terrace, her being a shadow against the starry sky. When he had twice or thrice whistled a song in the hollownes of nights, knowing it would reach her too for in the winters, voices travelled miles of distance in the air.

He had lost her once, couldn't loose her twice.

People crossing by his car to enter mosque had him back from the past. On the entrance of mosque was forged;

"اگر تم گناہ کر کے تھک گئے ہو تو اندر آجاو کیوں کہ ابھی اس کی رحمت تمھارے انتظار میں نہیں تھکی۔"

He offered prayer and was about to leave when someone placed a hand on his shoulder having him startled. A man of his father's age stood. "You are Zaman. Khalil's son right? Do you remember me?"

"Yes. You are my father's best friend. How are you?"

"I am good. So glad to see you Zaman. My house is in near. Come lets have a cup of tea." Shahzad said.

"That's so nice of you uncle but i have to leave."

"It's alright lad. It will take only ten minutes."

He had no option but go with him because now turning down his request would hurt him.

Cool, he murmured underneath his breath. Now her father was taking him to thier house.

His attention was diverted back to Uncle Shahzad as they walked down the street. "I visited your father to ask about your health but couldn't meet you as you were sleeping. How is your health now?"

"It's good Alhamdulillah. That place above my shoulder just hurts a bit when i go down in Sujood."

"Oh it would be fine soon. Don't worry, boy." He tapped his shoulder. "but you need to be very very careful. You should not roam around like this."