Chapter 14

"Insan ki shakal chahay jalay huve bayngan jaisi ho lekin baat achi kar liya karay." Zaman stared at Bazil who was constantly suggesting him to get married.

(One's face might be ugly but one shouldn't talk such.)

"Daik Yara! I agree you think for people and work for humanity. And i agree that there is nothing more important to you than these elections that are looming on our heads." He rolled his eyes. "But see life is given once. You don't get it again and again neither you have an extra life in the bank. So chin up buddy! Work has its own place and your wife has its own. Nothing takes anyone's place!"

(Look dude!)

Zaman just gazed him vacantly and wished to smack his friend's head against the wall next to him,

Na rahay gi baans na bajay gi bansuri.

Emir was already at Zaman's. It was his favourite place to be whenever he would be angry with his mother. Someone really needed to fix that brat.

It was one of those days where sun was glaring out of the clear blue cloudless sky. Temperature was fine, neither too hot nor too cold.

Bazil too had had come to his place to discuss some stuff but due to already present Emir they had to postpone it and banter about something else. But today Bazil choose to roast Zaman and get strangled by him.

"Yaar look at you old man! You also deserve someone to love you and take care of you. Even tho she doesn't deserve a tasteless daft like you."

"Haw haye! Did you really call my Zalmai old? Your one month son is old!" Who could restrain Emir from chiming in.

They together were doing nothing but solely eating his brain away. Weren't his sleepless nights enough to torture him? That now these two were also doing nothing but adding fuel to fire.

He looked nothing like a twenty five years old young man but a devastated soul, a pure ghamgeen aashik who had given up on his undiscovered love and the one being doomed by his foes using different ways.

"Enough of this!" Zaman's voice had the two stop who were now busy in his kitchen.

"Tuje aj phir kya huva ha?" Bazil ogled Zaman who was leaning against the doorway, his arms neatly crossed over his chest. He had a pucker in between his eyebrows.

(What happened to you again?)

"You said that we have something important to discuss if I remember it rightly."

"Gee okay!" Bazil blabbered. "So Emir might grant us some privacy."

Emir was sitting on a stool and eating brownie stopped and looked at him, confused. "Why?"

"You don't study i see. Go and give this time to your books rather than wasting it." This time it was his brother.

"Ok i will leave. Enjoy your romance!"

"Clever kid!" Bazil laughed. "By the way its bromance!"

Once Emir was gone, Bazil shifted his attention back to his mate who was looking at him like a predator looks at his prey.