Chapter 30

Amarha wore her husband's favourite, sea green; he used to tell her that she looked beyond beautiful in this colour. She did her basic makeup and hijab, and walked into his study. After a knock she entered and found him frowning at something he was reading.

"I am ready." She mumbled.

He nodded and got up from his seat for her. He kissed her forehead, a sign of respect and love. Intertwining his fingers with her, he walked her down the stairs and to his car where he gave her some instructions. They reached their destination soon.

"Wouldn't you come?"

He was holding her hand, caressing the back of it with his thumb. He shook his head, "I have some work to do tonight. Text me when you want me to pick you up."

She nodded, giving him jubilant smile. She didn't know that pick and drop service would be free after her wedding.

She waved him a bye from the gate of Moshin's home and entered, a wave of nostalgia hitting her, making her feel gloomy all of a sudden. This home had so many memories of her and Mohsin, whether it be them playing together or growing up, entering their teens or fighting over whose Mother made best biryani and finally be mature enough to get married to the ones that Allah Almighty had chosen for them.

Sounds of blasting music and bright lights welcomed her. Colourful dresses and fairylights added more flavour to the already glistening night at Natasha's.

Amarha couldn't be any happier when she heard the news of Mohsin, her most beautiful memories maker, moving forward and making the most important decision of his life, a decision that impacted him in every dimension possible. But Amarha,  she always prayed for him even tho things had been off between them since quite a while and even tho they both made clear to themselves several times that they were the same bestfriends like they were before but the tension that Mohsin had made and the weird feeling of knowing that he considered her more than a bestbuddy always pushed her away.

And may be it was good for both of them that she distanced herself from him and his family. This way she knew when he wouldn't have to talk to her or see her, it would buy him enough time to think about his way of thinking.

She walked in, ambling slowly and reached porch. There were some girls strolling in their garden, taking pictures and enjoying themselves. Amarha entered his home and her heart got even heavier. She met her mother, Mishal and Khadijah. After chitchating with her family, she quietly asked Khadijah where her mamo was and she led her upstairs, to his room.

"Is he with his friends?" She asked the little one when they stood outside his room.

"He is getting ready."

"Ok, can you tell him that phupho has come."

She nodded.

After a good two minutes, Mohsin opened the door. Amarha could see her niece playing with Moshin's phone on daybed.

"Hey! It's been such a long time." He said.

He smelled musty as if he had just showered, his hair damp and a towel laid on his shoulder.

"Ya. Long time. I missed you. You kind of disappeared."

He laughed, leaning on the door that was ajar and sticking his head out. "I was here all the time. You were the one to not attend the hospital." He stopped for a while as if he was bringing something to his mind, "that one patient of your, what's her name? I don't remember it anyways she just doesn't listen to me. In fact she's the one giving me advices like I don't understand whose the doctor between us."