Chapter 31

اتنے گھنے بادل کے پیچھے کتنا  تنہا  ہوگا  چاند    -پروین شاکر

کتنا  تنہا  ہوگا  چاند
   -پروین شاکر

/////

She is best for him, at least a thousand times better than the girl he was running after.

Amarha fluttered her eyes open to Mishal's voice ringing insider her head. She couldn't feel any more void. Her heart sinking everytime she thought of her last encounter with Mishal.

She didn't know what she was blamed for. What was her mistake even? Was it that she couldn't love? Whether it be her bestfriend or husband.

She was stuck, stuck between two men. Why people couldn't understand that there was a difference between a lover and a person you trusted with all your life, a person who understood you. And she didn't understand why her sweet Bhabhi and the world couldn't comprehend that.

She heard a soft breath and sensed someone move beside her. It was her husband who stirred in his sleep and turned to her, wrapping his arms around her and rested his head on her shoulder whilst she laid straight and still. She was taken aback but waited for him to go back to deep sleep  so that she could get out of his hold.

She squirmed a bit and made enough space to turn and face him. His arms still snaked around her and his lowered body still glued to hers.

She gazed him, intently this time. With his lips parted a bit, he looked no less than a child, a beautiful one indeed. Unconsciously a smile made its way to her lips. It felt great to know that this man lying next to her was solely hers.

No one in this universe could take him away.

She pulled her cold hand out of the blanket and started to trace his features. Even tho she was in a reverie, her hand stopped. She was eerily hesitant.

No matter how hard she tried she couldn't.

A wave of pain shot across her chest and she pulled in a sharp breath. How could you stoop so low, Amarha?, she thought.

This man has loved you years ago. He lies at nights with you as yours only. But what about you? Do you reciprocate the loyalty he gives you?

This turned her world upside down. For a second she was disgusted by her mere self. She didn't understand how someone as pure and considerate as Zaman came out to be her husband.

How could you think of another man whilst lying in the arms of your husband? She asked herself, mortified. Shame on you, Amarha. Shame on you!

Without touching him, she retreated her hand completely. Instead she wiped her tears away, tears of guilty and embarrassment.

She supported herself on her elbow and kissed his forehead, her lips stayed on his skin for a while before she parted herself from him.