Chapter 5

He waited in the garden outside. Every now and then ripping grass out of the grass with his fingers and tossing it away leisurely. She came out of the University building. Her light pink hijab on point. When their eyes met, she smiled at him and walked all way around to enter garden where most of the kids were striding.

He sat under a shadowy tree and she sat down along, crosslegged. Setting her abaya around she looked at him and caught him looking at her already but just like always he looked away leaving her a bit perplexed.

To erase the uneasiness he spoke, "its cool here. Breeze." She nodded, scrunching her eyes to the bright daylight around.

Whole night he waited, in fact stayed awake to make himself ready for this moment. He knew this moment was delicate, either she would understand him or she will break the ties with him which he feared.

He even had made a speech at night when he thought he would confront her. He had talked to her several times eye to eye but it was distinct now. He feared he would state his feelings lacing oceans of emotions but it wouldn't be reciprocated.

She stayed quiet. Waiting. She knew he wanted to talk about something important. After he texted her last night, she suggested this place but now it was all so glowing under sunlight.

"We must go to the hallway. We can easily talk in that environment." She suggested and they both left this place. She followed him behind.

He was eerily silent. It wasn't new but still he carried an odd air around him. After a bit she started saying something that just unconsciously made its way through her lips. "You know what i wanted to I tell you something."

"Go ahead. I am all ears." He stated back as they ambled back and forth in the hallway leisurely.

"I had a proposal." She soberly spoke and he acted as if he wasn't affected. Even if it wasn't a new piece of information. Mishal had told him. "I think they saw me at Almas wedding."
"Even If i had been nice in wedding. That doesn't mean i really am a sweet-hearted person." Pause. "They need to get i aka worthless milady can't do any good to them. I am not what they think i am."

"You met them?"

"I did. Only his mother." A part of Mohsin burned on hearing this from her but he didn't show. "Aunty was very nice. I hope her son is too. But I cannot indulge into these rishtas right now. I decided i am going to reject this proposal."

"Marha. Keep mum!" He gave her an acidic gaze. "I didn't know like other girls my best friend speaks nonsense too. Its just a proposal. Dismiss him and chapter closed. Why are you freaking out like this?"

She scowled. "The problem isn't that? Its just my parents like that bloke, his family, earning. Everything. My mother even tried convince me last night. I retorted back with my point but it turned out into a fiery argument where i was bashed by my own mother." She turned fully to him, now facing him. "Can you even imagine how does it feel when your mother slashes you?"

He looked into her eyes that were mini raged, almost welled up. "Don't think of me some girl who cannot carry on the argument without crying." Clearing her throat she pushed the feeling away. "My Mom said that if I don't want to get married. I at least can get engaged to him."

"I am not stopping you." His evil being was taking over him but he sincerely advised his best friend. "But just imagine. You are engaged to that dude. His family starts to force your parents for marriage or else they would break engagement and then your parents will eventually have to give in because no parents would like to see their daughter's engagement end."

"So in case you get married even if your in-laws say they wouldn't make you work and make sure that you are studying finely. They would never meet these conditions because after marriage a girls life changes drastically. A girl never knows what is coming after her marriage. She only can hope and pray for good."