Chapter 2

I stood quietly in the room Headmaster Crowley called the "Mirror Chamber". The name made sense. There was a large ornate mirror in the center of the room. Crowley had gone out to gather the dormitory leaders, so I was left with my thoughts.

Magic. Is this some strange version of Harry Potter? Would I even have magic? Like, am I going to be some Hermoine Granger muggle-born mage? Does that happen here? If I do not have magic, what will happen to me?

I gripped my hand tighter at that. The worst that can happen is they just send me home. Right? I began to pace around. I mumbled nonsense as I moved. I heard the door open and I froze. I stood with perfect posture as Crowley entered the room. There were a few people behind him as well. There was a boy with white hair and brilliant ruby-red eyes. He had tan skin slightly lighter than mine. Beside him was a boy whose hair had a more silver hue. Glasses framed his steel-blue eyes. The tan boy gave off an aura like sunshine while the one with glasses was more mysterious, and not in a good way. Bringing up the rear was a guy that seemed to jump right out of a fairytale with his lilac-tipped blonde hair and sophisticated aura.

"Sorry to leave you here on your own," Crowley apologized.

"It is alright sir," I smiled nervously. I nodded my greetings to the others.

"We will do a proper greeting when the rest arrive," Crowley declared. As if on cue, another person entered the room. He was tall with dark brown hair that looked orange in some areas. He had the same dark complexion as I with bright green eyes. The thing that caught my attention the most was the fact he had animal ears on the top of his head with a tail behind him too!

What the crap! Pointed elf ears I can handle, but is he supposed to be a neko or something?! They look like lion ears almost. Are they actually real?! Just assume yes. That will be the easiest for my brain right now...

I was so transfixed on the animal boy that I barely noticed the floating blue tablet next to him.

"This better be good. I was enjoying my rest," he growled. I sucked in some air and averted my gaze.

Looks like I interrupted someone's beauty sleep...

I could feel all their eyes on me. It was awkward. It felt like forever waiting in near silence for whoever was left. The door opened again and I prayed that the ones to enter were the last. A short redhead with grey eyes opened the door and entered with a rather plain-looking person compared to everyone else. I welcomed the normality. Walking on two legs amongst their feet was something that made me speak up without thinking.

"Walking fire cat," I gasped. I quickly covered my mouth. I hoped I was quiet enough that no one heard, but I saw the normal kid give a light chuckle.

"I think that is everyone!" Crowley cheerfully proclaimed.

"What about Diasomnia?" the ruby-eyed boy asked.

Crowley facepalmed, or masked-palmed, as he asked, "Did anyone inform Mr. Draconia?" There was a collective no from the others with a few muttered excuses. Crowley sighed. "We have already delayed this long enough. I will simply have to inform him later."

I looked over all the others to see what they were thinking. Most of them looked indifferent. The boy who asked about the missing person seemed overly happy to be here. The plain one was obviously staring at me. It was like they just found their long-lost family member or something.

"So, most of you must have noticed by now the reason why I called this emergency meeting so early," Crowley began. He made his way to stand behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "This young, uh, lad just came through one of the doors."