Chapter 44

"Azul, how many fingers am I holding up?" Jade asked, holding up his hands.

"...Eight..." Azul answered in a daze.

"Alright, you still seem a little shaken up, but I'm relieved," Jade sat back on his knees. "It seems you were able to contain your blot."

"Geez, you're such a pain," Leona hissed.

"No, Leona. You don't have any room to talk," Ruggie awkwardly pointed out.

"You really don't," Yuu agreed.

Azul looked amongst us and asked warily, "What...did I do?"

"You used too much magic and you went into Overblot," Jade answered. His expression was of slight concern. "Do you not remember?"

"'Give me your power~!'" Floyd imitated him. "You were running around crying, trying to take everyone's magic. It was so lame, almost didn't seem real." I elbowed Floyd in the side for his rendition of events. "What?! It was!"

"I...lost control," Azul stared at the ground in front of him as he came to terms with what happened. "Unbelievable."

"Nah, it's totally believable," I said with a wave of my hand. "We destroyed your life's work in a blink of an eye and rubbed it in your face. A freak out was only to be expected." Floyd jabbed my side with his fingers, causing me to jump in place. I gave him a side glare while he just smiled.

"If someone broke open my piggy bank and stole all my saving, I'd never forgive them," Ruggie gave an example.

Grim walked closer the Azul's prone body, "But even so, it's no good to scam people. You better do some self-reflection."

"You guys need to do some self-reflection too and stop relying on other people's notes to study," Jack sent Grim's advice right back at him.

"I mean, those notes were amazing. They got Grim to score an 80 on the test," Yuu pointed out. "No one else could have made notes like that."

"Eh?" Azul looked at Yuu with bewilderment.

"It's true. With Azul's notes I was able to get a 90 just by reading his notes the night before," Ace said.

"Yeah, but you really should try and study before the night of the exam," I grumbled. "You might have gotten a perfect score."

"Headmaster told us that you made the notes by going through exams from the past 100 years," Jack told Azul. "Even though I don't approve of cheating, your dedication is incredible."

Azul fixed his glasses, "Hmph, consoling me isn't going to make me happy."

"What's this? Azul, are you getting teary eyed?" Floyd leaned down and teasingly said to his octopus-pal.

"Oh my, oh my~. Are you going back to your old, little crybaby self?" Jade joined in.

"You two! I believe we had an agreement to never talk about that," Azul scolded.

"Oh, pardon me," Jade had on his signature butler smile on.

"Ah...oh yeah," Jack pulled out the picture we had stolen and walked it over. "Here is the picture of Prince Rielle you asked us to get. We brought it just as instructed. The sun has still yet to set. Which means, we win fair and square."

Leona grabbed it from Jack and looked it over, "What's with the photo? A bunch of little mermaids? Isn't it just a picture?"

"It's an elementary school class photo? What do you want this for?" Ruggie asked as he looked over Leona's shoulder.