Chapter 16

"Leona, I did it!" Ruggie heaved as he ran to Leona's side. "Did you see it on the broadcast?"

"Yeah, well done Ruggie," Leona praised. "Farewell Malleus. This year, the throne is mine."

"Hehe, long live the king! Shishishi!" Ruggie cheered. The rest of Savanaclaw joined in the celebration.

"I think I've heard enough," Riddle interrupted the festivities. We all faced off against the wild dorm. The looked shocked at our arrival. I crossed my arms with a challenged smirk.

"Oh look, it's all the kids from Heartslabyul. You even got our little freshman with you," it didn't take long for Leona to come back to his senses. "Did you transfer to Heartslabyul?"

"I just don't want to stand by your side right now!" Jack scowled.

"You traitor!" Leona spat.

"You're the one that should be ashamed of yourself!" I hissed at him.

"You have some guts to talk, runt," Leona glared at me.

"The act of corrupting a traditional event," Riddle brought the attention back to himself. "As the dorm leader of Heartslabyul, whose motto is 'discipline', I cannot overlook this."

"Hey, little prince? Can you go play your little game of heroes somewhere else?" Leona rubbed his forehead in annoyance.

Ruggie mocked us, "Going through all that trouble when you are clearly outnumbered. You all must be drunk or something."

"I can assure you that I'm sober enough to kick your butt all the way to the moon," I countered. Ruggie brought his ears back on his head and he knitted his brow. I held my head high and fought the urge to stick my tongue out at him.

One of the many large Savanaclaw students asked, "Do you want us to handle this?"

"Don't play too rough with them," Leona smirked.

"I'll handle this," Riddle stepped forward to face them. The battle was quick. The spells and melee attacks were easily deflected by the red head. Then it was over with four simple words, "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!" Red and black yolks locked themselves around the necks of the Savanaclaw students.

"Dang, he is strong," I looked at Yuu. "And you fought him and won?!"

"Shocking things happen when put under intense life or death situations," they said. "Are you glad Crowley made him your tutor?"

"I'm terrified of skipping a lesson now..."

"Ace and Deuce, do you mind continuing?" Riddle dusted his hands off.

"Not at all," Ace gave a devilish grin.

"Of course!" Deuce brought his fist to his chest like a knight.

"Tch," Leona didn't even look worried for his friends. "I knew it was impossible for these guys to fight against Riddle."

Ruggie laughed, "But even if they did, it is already too late for Diasomnia!"

"Hoho~. What an interesting story," a petite man with magenta eyes and pointed ears mused.

"Who is too late?" a tall man with pale green hair stood to one side of the first.

"As you can see, all of us Diasomnia players are unharmed. Thanks to them," a silver haired man went on the petite one's other side.

"Eh?! What?!" Ruggie's ears were flush to his head. "You were all suppose to be crushed by the crowd!"

"Too bad," Cater waved as he strode up. "Those were all my clones from my unique magic 'Split Card' that I had disguised as them~"

"Honestly," I smiled with my chin resting on my finger, "I'm surprised you couldn't tell the difference."

"What is the meaning of this?" Leona asked in an agitated tone.

"I heard your whole plan from Riddle," the petite Diasomnia player filled in. "So, we decided on one of our own."

"Th-then...Malleus is..." Ruggie looked like a frightened kitten.

"He is safe, of course," the tall student with green hair shared the news. "Everyone in the crowd earlier was safely guided out of the Coliseum with magic. You should be grateful!"

I growled, "There is a child that almost got trampled thanks to you. Once we are done here, I'm dragging your tush to the mom so you can beg for her forgiveness."

Ruggie back away. He still held some defiance in him when he shouted, "How- how is that even possible!"

Leona just sighed, "...Ah...I give up."

"Eh?!" Ruggie looked disheartened.

"Stop. I'm done."

"Wonderful," Yuu breathed under their breath.

"Wai- Leona? What do you mean?" Ruggie looked at his dorm leader with clouded eyes. He seemed confused. A pang of sympathy shot through my chest.

Leona scoffed, "You idiot. If Malleus and the others are unharmed, we don't have a chance of winning. There is no point in playing anymore. I'm out."

"No, no way...Aside from Malleus, I did everything you said and hurt all those players. But now you aren't going to play? We probably won't even place third. What's going to happen to all of our dreams?" Ruggie pleaded. I looked over at Yuu and saw them clutching their heart. I clenched my fists as I listened.

"No matter how much of the world watches, it's all just a student's game in the end," Leona's words were pessimistic. "All you guys do is gush about your sparkly, shiny dreams. All I did was play along."

"That's called manipulation," I grumbled.

"I don't really care what you call it because it doesn't matter. What's done is done," Leona sighed.

"Why?" Ruggie asked in a broken voice. "Weren't we all going to turn the world upside down together?"

"Fine then, I'll tell you the truth," Leona spoke harshly. "You are a hyena that grew up in the dumpsters and I am the hated second prince who will never be king. No matter what we do, we will never overturn our lives!"

I was stunned. I couldn't believe someone would say such things to someone that trusted them so much.

Ruggie looked on the verge of tears. "...Don't mess with me!" He screamed. "What the hell is this! After all this, you just want to give up?!" The other members of their dorm voiced their disgruntlement. Everyone poured their anger out on the lion.

Leona grimaced, "Shut up you low lives!" A flash of magic came off of him. It was so bright I had to cover my eyes. A strong gust of wind blew past us all.