Chapter 70

"Ah...So you'll help us? I'm glad," Jamil grinned. "Then, I'd be honored to have you both stay here at Scarabia as guests."

"What?! Hey, are you really agreeing to this?!" Grim tried to get Yuu's attention, but they were still entranced by Jamil. He clapped his hands together and three dorm members surrounded us.

"You called, vice dorm leader," The shaggy haired one from earlier answered.

"Please show our guests to their room," Jamil ordered.

"Yes!" They each put a hand on our shoulders and guided us down the halls of Scarabia.

I did not sign up for this!!

We made a stop at an empty room. It had a single bed with a pile of blankets in a large box. One of the Scarabia members with a soft voice and dark hair said, "Please enjoy your stay and have a good rest." He then proceeded to slam the door behind him.

I turned and punched Yuu in their chest. "Gah, Ow! What the crap?!" they coughed.

"What the crap?" I repeated, a bit heated. "I should be asking you that! What type of flubbernuggin' stunt was that!?"

Grim tugged on his ears and hissed, "Uggh!! I told you not to get involved! Why do you like sticking your nose in everyone's problems?"

"I know, I know. I was going to refuse but-," Yuu tried to explain, but Grim kept on his rant.

"This is Scarabia's problem. We need to worry about our own problems!"

"I know! I'm sorry...Before I even noticed what I was saying, I accepted..." Yuu rubbed their forehead. Their brow was knit and the bags under their eyes seemed worse.

"Geez, you're too soft that you end up getting carried away easily," Grim huffed. "Though you are scary sometimes..."

"While yes, they totally are a scary softie..." I agreed.

"Wow, thanks..." Yuu cut in.

"I don't think that's what went down," I finished with a bit more tang to my words. "I saw magic. That must be a component to what happened to you, I just don't know how."

"Well, it doesn't matter, cause I'm not getting involved in another dorm's problem again anyway," Grim pushed my observation aside. "Let's sneak out of here and go back to Ramshackle."

"Definitely," Yuu got up and headed to the door.

"Finally," I sighed and followed them out of the door. As we entered the hallway and quietly snuck around, I whispered, "First we use the magic mirror to get to school grounds, drop by the infirmary so I can stop feeling like I'm dying, and then shack sweet shack it is."

A whistle sounded, high and long. "What was that?!" Grim jumped behind my leg.

A bunch of Scarabia students ran up to us. "You, there! What do you think you're doing leaving your dorm by yourself this late?!"

"I could ask you the same question bud," I crossed my arms and stared back at him.

"Why does it matter? We aren't members of this dorm," Yuu pointed out.

"During break, no one is allowed to leave this dorm under any circumstances without the dorm leader's permission!" they answered.

"That's a load of bull," I muttered.

"Grab them!"

"AFTER THEM!"

"STOP THEM!"

"What?!" Grim was frozen in shock.