Chapter 42

"Ah...I'm getting really annoyed with this game of tag," Floyd groaned.

"Just a little while longer," Jade assured his brother. "Try to enjoy yourself."

I had continued to pop in and out of the kelp around us. I saw Yuu, Jack, and Grim standing off to the side. For the moment, Floyd was not actively searching for me, so I swam over. I was still holding on to keep my Darling Mother up. It had been longer than what I had been able to do before. The strain was catching up to me. The aura flickered every so often, and if I moved my head too fast my vision would get hazy.

I popped out of the kelp behind them and grabbed Jack and Yuu's shoulder. With heavy pants, I asked, "How. Much. Longer? I've been doing this for two minutes straight already!"

"If we keep this up Yuu, the sun is going to set soon," Jack pointed out.

"Are you sure this plan is really going to work?" Grim asked.

"It will work," Yuu guaranteed. "As long as they do their part."

After Yuu finished talking, a bright flash blinded us. "What was that light just now?" Jack asked as he shielded his face.

As the light faded, Ace yelled, "Ah! Deuce! The anemone on your head is gone!"

"Ah!" Deuce patted the top of his head. "You're right!"

Grim rubbed the top of his own head, "Mine and Ace's are gone too!"

"They did it!" I slumped over and broke my concentration for my unique magic. "I don't have to pretend to have the stupid photo anymore!"

"You didn't have the photo?!" Floyd pointed at me.

"Heck no! You said yourself that I'm a terrible swimmer! Giving me the photo would be moronic!" I yelled back. I pulled out a can of tuna from under my blazer and raised it for him to see. "We were playing keep-away over one of the Great Grim's can of tuna. Hehe."

Grim was dancing in the water, "Yes! Leona and the others did it!"

"...What did you say?" Jade's usually stoic expression was no more. He looked at us with utter shock.

"What is the meaning of this!?" Floyd demanded.

"We made a deal of our own with Leona in order to get his help," I answered fully sprawled out on the sand.

"What?! There is no way a lazy lion would help you," Floyd said in disbelief.

Jade joined his brother's sentiment, "As a fellow dorm leader, he shouldn't have gotten involved. How did you convince him to help you?"

"Well, my dorm leader," Grim boasted, "told him that if he helped us get Ramshackle dorm back that we will leave Savannaclaw quietly tomorrow."

"If he didn't cooperate, we would make a bunch of noise in front of his room, every. Single. Night," Yuu said innocently.

"Just to prove we meant every single word of it, we made a big ruckus till morning," I woozily said.

Grim pouted slightly, "And thanks to that we were up all-night shouting and didn't get a wink of sleep." Jade and Floyd looked downtrodden at out story.

"So that's why your voice sounded rough this morning," Deuce pieced together.

"Isn't that more like a threat than a deal?" Floyd pointed out.

"A cheat for a cheat. Evil for evil," Jack recited.

"We can do this now that I have my wind magic back," Ace smiled.

"Summon: Cauldron!" Deuce shouted. A large, black cauldron dropped in front of him. "It's back!" he happily cheered.

"Fngya! I can't check my fire magic because we are still underwater!" Grim mourned.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine without your fire magic," Ace teased.

"Let's retreat Floyd. Their anemones disappearing can only mean one thing," Jade said.

"Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this..." Floyd muttered.

"You hold on, we are finally getting serious," Deuce glared.

"Don't say you're going to leave yet. Play with us a little~" Ace taunted the eel brothers.

Floyd fell for the taunt hook, line, and sinker. "Annoying little fishes. I'll get rid of you in one second," he threatened. He slowly swam closer with a wide eyed glare.

"Floyd, just leave them be!" Jade tried to stop him. He mumbled under his breath before joining Floyd in the fight.

"Viv, can you stand?" Yuu asked.

"Eh, maybe. I'm just super tired now," I sighed. I grabbed Yuu's outstretched hand. They helped me up and we stood back from the fight. Ace, Deuce, and Jack were on the offensive this time. Floyd and Jade blocked their attacks, but they were getting sloppy.

After blocking another blow, Floyd threw his arms in the air. "Ahh!! Enough! They are so annoying!" he whined. He crossed his arms and furrowed his brow. It was like a child throwing a tantrum.

"Let us retreat Floyd. This isn't the time to play around," Jade put a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"Tch," Floyd brushed Jade's hand off. He shot one last glare at us before turning around. "I know, let's go." They swam away with hurried motions.

"We did it! They're running away!" Grim cheered.

Jack came back over with Ace and Deuce. He said, "Let's head back to school too. We'll shove this photo in Azul's face and claim our victory!"