Chapter 89

The Scarabia dorm was blanketed by the red miasma and purple haze. Black ink seeped from where Jamil lounged in the air. His hypnotized subjects surrounded him.

"Master Jamil is the true king of Scarabia."

"Cheers for Master Jamil..."

Jamil laughed at the schmoozing of his puppets. "Hahaha, that's right! Give me more! Shower me with more praise!"

I got your praise all right...On the bottom of my shoe!

I bit back my remark as Azul snuck forward behind Jamil. He praised, "You are so incredibly handsome..."

"Oh?" Jamil closed his eyes to soak up the attention he craved.

"And so tall and dark..." Grim added.

"And?" Jamil prodded.

"And you look so intelligent with those eyes of yours," Jade continued.

"And then?"

"And you have such broad shoulders..." Floyd gushed.

"And you look so strong!" Kalim boasted.

"You are oh so wonderful~" Yuu cooed.

"You're so mesmerizing~" I swooned, holding back my gags.

"Hmm...those are very good compliments..." Jamil smiled with satisfaction as he turned around to look at us. The smile turned into a frown. "Hm?! It's you! I thought I sent you all flying to the ends of the earth! How'd you get here so fast!"

"We filled up the dry river and swam back here!" Kalim answered with gusto.

"It was farther than I expected. I was so tired," Floyd complained.

"You did what?!" Jamil seethed. "...Tch, I see. So, it was Kalim's unique magic, huh? Hm, well at least you found some use of that magic of yours. I thought it was just some crappy magic that was only good for watering plants."

"Hm, it seems like you underestimated Kalim's magic powers," Azul smirked as he placed a hand on Kalim's shoulder.

Kalim stepped forward. "Jamil...I finally understand what you truly think of me," Kalim started. He narrowed his eyes in a scowl, "You are a coward and a traitor!"

"You're a fool. You were the one who believed in me without even a shred of doubt," Jamil insulted.

"I challenge you to a duel! So, I can take back my place as the dorm leader that you stole from me!"

"Stole?! Hmph!" Jamil fully faced us with arms crossed. "Stole what? You're the one who stole everything from me!"

A crash of magic lightning struck in front of Kalim and knocked him over. "Kalim!" Yuu reached out instinctively.

"Now, it's time that I show you my true power! Hahahahaha!" Jamil's snake hair lunged out to bite at us.

"Not today! Nyaha!" Grim blasted a spout of blue flames at the snakes. They pulled back with a hiss. Azul used his magic to make canons of water erupt underneath Jamil, smacking him in the face.

Jamil glared at our battle-ready stance. He charged a black ball about four feet above his head. As it grew, blue and purple rings of arching arcane energy appeared. The magic ball illuminated the see-through image of a hulking red figure with a jar of ink as a head.

What the...

"VIV!" Yuu snapped me out of my analysis with a quick shove to the side. I conjured a shield as one of three arcs of magic came towards me. The initial impact broke my shield to smithereens. The magic hit me square in the gut and shot me back.