Chapter 32

"Absolutely not," Leona refused. We stood in the common area of the Savanaclaw dorm with our bags as Leona crossed his arms in our way.

I groaned, "You didn't have to be so quick on the trigger to shoot us down."

"Our dorm has a strict 'no pets' policy. Take your furball somewhere else," Leona shooed us away.

"YOU LIAR!" Grim yelled. He pointed to Leona's ears and tail, "You guys have more fur than me!"

"That's that and this is this," Ruggie shrugged it off.

"Besides, we never cleaned any of the free rooms out, so they are all just storage rooms now," Leona turned to Jack. "You want me to let you leave these three here?"

I raised my hand, "I'm okay with a storage room."

Yuu nodded," Yeah storage rooms are a-ok."

"Oh, is that so?" Ruggie grinned. "Hey, Leona, why don't you let them sleep in your room?"

"Ha?!" we all looked at the hyena boy in disbelief.

Leona scowled, "Hey Ruggie, you better shut that mouth of yours. Unless you want me to shut it for you."

"But aren't you used to having servants in your room? If you give the three of them all your chores in exchange for letting them sleep in your room, it's a win-win situation, isn't it?" Ruggie suggested.

"Grr, Ruggie you..." Leona growled.

"You know, I'm still in so much pain from what happened at the Magical Shift Tournament," Ruggie rolled his shoulder as he sighed. "I don't know if it's because of that magic amplifier I had to drink, but all this hard work is exhausting. After all, I risked my life just for Leona."

"This is true," I softly added.

"I'd recover much faster if I had these three helping me to take care of you."

Leona clicked his tongue, "You're a sneaky little bastard, you know that?"

Ruggie chuckled, "Aw come on, you know I'm not lying! Shishishi."

"Well, I'm not gonna let them just stay in my room that easily," Leona looked over his shoulder and yelled, "Hey, runts! Come over here!

Three very large and muscular Savanaclaw dorm members stopped what they were doing and walked over to us. They stood in a line that felt like a wall. "Yes, dorm leader," one of them said.

Another pointed at my face and growled, "Aren't these the guys who were trespassing on our turf the other day?"

"Hehehe! Our little prey is coming back to play!" the final one eagerly giggled.

"I don't like where this is heading Yuu," I mumbled.

"Me either..." they agreed.

Leona had a sadistic smirk on his face, "Play and win against my dorm students, and I'll let you be my servants. Even if it's just three days, I'm not going to have any dead weights in the Savanaclaw dorm."

"And by 'play', do you mean checkers?" I asked hopefully. I already knew the answer before he said it.

"Nope, I mean a little sparring match," Leona's grin widened.

"Of course. It's always violence..." I sighed.

Yuu was motivated, "We need a place to sleep, so bring it on!" I let out another sigh as I put down by bag and basket and rolled my shoulder.

It is far too late to be doing this...

"We won't go easy on you!" one opposing student said.

They charged at us. It was easy for Yuu to trip him with their foot. Grim jump on the prone fool and set about clawing at his face. Another set his sights on me. He was going for a punch. When he swung, I blocked using my forearm to push his fist aside. I countered by bringing the arm I blocked with up to clothesline his neck and wrapped my foot around his. In one, albeit strained, motion I used my free hand to help me throw him to the ground. Or rather, aggressively lay him down.

There was a small smack when he hit the stone floor and I winced, "Sorry!" He got to his knees. He growled as he lunged at me. I skipped back, but he still managed to grab my ankle. I fell on my butt, Before I had time to slide away, he had my hands pinned above my head while he was above me. I kicked up with my legs, but he just laughed.

"Hehehe! Your weak paws don't even sting. That move earlier must have been a fluke!" I gritted my teeth. This was a very unsavory position. I was too exhausted to use my unique magic to overpower this guy. I pulled my legs in and kangaroo kicked his gut with all my strength. "Gah!" he yelped. His hands immediately let go of me and went where I kicked him. I scrambled away in a flash.

When I was on my feet, I put a hand over my mouth. He was holding his groin area. "Tch...I was not aiming for that spot! So sorry about that!" I looked to Yuu and saw them bring down the final guy with a kick to the back of the legs. All of our opponents were dispatched.

Leona hid his face in his hand. He spat out, "How can you lose to these herbivores?! Don't ever show your faces to me again!" The three students fled the scene with their tails between their legs.

Grim stood triumphant in front of the lion. "A deal is a deal! We're going to be staying here for the next three days!" he announced.

Leona rubbed his temple. "Tch, if you make even the slightest noise, I'm throwing you out!" he growled. "Understood?"

"Y-yes..." Yuu stuttered.

"Quiet as a door mouse," I whispered.

Grim started to relax. "In any case, now we don't have to worry about where we're going to stay."

"Alright, Jack, please take the spare beds over to Leona's room," Ruggie instructed.

"Right away," Jack went down a corridor before us.

Ruggie giggled like a schoolgirl, "Shishi! Lucky~! I'm going to have less chores to worry about for the next three days."

"Hey, I can hear you," Leona hissed. "You better be prepared for when this is over. Hey, herbivores come this way. Stop slacking."

It iswell in the am-hours now, and you just had us fight your goons. I will take allthe gosh darn time I want! I thought as I picked up my things and trailedbehind.