Chapter 97

It was afternoon break. Recess if you will. We found ourselves as a group in the empty gym with a borrowed boom-box and a lot of spite. Ace was snobbishly walking around, imitating Vil. "All your movements are sloppy and ill executed. There was absolutely no beauty at all."

Grim trudged along with him with a scowl on his tiny cat face. "5 out of 100." He stomped in his little tantrum. "AGH! I'm so angry!! I'll show him that I can sing and dance with grace at the audition and then he's gonna say, 'Please Grim! Be our representative!'"

"That's right Grim! You show him in his pretty boy face!" Yuu encouraged as they sat on the bleachers. I stood next to them in my usually unworn gym uniform. I didn't bother putting my braids up.

"Yeah!" Ace clenched his fist in the air. He turned around to see Deuce stretching in the court. "He, Deuce. What made you change your mind about auditioning?"

"I'm still pissed about what he said to us earlier!" Deuce complained as punched his hand. Then he mellowed out for a bit, "And also...I'm a little worried about him..."

"By 'him', you mean Epel?"

"Yeah. He seemed like he didn't want to enter the Vocal & Dance Championship."

"He seemed terrified of the dorm leader," I interjected my self into the competition.

Deuce looked introspective as he recalled the first day of the semester. "When he bumped into me that day, he was crying. As an honor student, I can't ignore a student that's forced to do something they don't want to do!"

"I don't think calling yourself an honor student actually makes you one," Ace sighed. "But I agree, Epel seems a little weak. I feel bad he is getting forced around by that one guy. What about you Viv? Have you decided if you're auditioning or not?"

I took a deep breath. I looked at Yuu who gave me a reassuring smile. I still had my reservations about it, which manifested in my stomach turning into knots. I nodded before walking out to them. "Yep! I'll show that punk what elegance really looks and sounds like."

Yuu stood up and trudged into the court as well. "I guess I'll join too. If it's to help someone, I can learn how to sing."

Ace got a grin. "Then, let's make our performance even cooler than Epel's and make him lose the audition!" He pointed to Deuce, "Weren't you the one that said we shouldn't even audition if we weren't going to take it seriously? If he really doesn't want to be in the competition, then let's take his spot!"

"Let's do it!" I cheered.

"Yeah! Let's get started with special dance training!" Grim jumped into the air. "Yuu, start the music!"

"You got it!" Yuu gave him a thumbs up. They started up the song and it was extremely catchy. There was a valid reason for it to be so popular last year. Too bad it was complimented by our horrible dancing. We were not synced in the slightest and I thought I was either going to trip over Grim or get smacked by Ace. At the end of the song, we were wiped out.

Ace laughed as he had his hands on his knees. "Hahahaha! Deuce! You can't even do a single step!"

"Wha?...I can't help it! I've never danced before!" Deuce defended himself as he wiped sweat off his brow.

"We're all doing our best Ace," Yuu groaned as they brushed hair behind their ear.

Grim sat on his tail as he started at his paws. "Geehh!!! My front and back paws keep moving at the same time!"

"I think there's a limit we can learn on our own..." I rubbed my face as I had the song whirling in my head.

"Oh? You guys are dancing? Let us join you!" a peppy voice echoed in the gym.