Chapter 93

The rest of the winter break past by uneventful. Floyd didn't come visit after that night, and I didn't go see him at his dorm for obvious reasons. Before we knew it, the new year in this strange world turned over and students were returning to the dorms. Yuu, Grim, and I walked down Main Street. It was decorated beautifully with the semi-melting snow. One last peaceful moment before we had to deal with the insanity this boarding school brought.

"Hey, Yuu! 'Sup Viv! Happy New Year!" the voice of insanity bringing number one called from across main street. Ace waved at us with Deuce at his side.

We changed the trajectory of our strides so we could stop in front of them. The statues of the Great Seven surrounded us as we caught up with one another. "Thanks Ace. Happy New Year to you too," Yuu greeted him with a soft punch to his shoulder.

"Even though we see you often, it feels like we haven't seen you in forever." Deuce gave Yuu and I a high five as a greeting.

"Dude, it was only a couple of weeks," I chuckled.

"Hehe! I bet you were lonely without the Great Grim during the holidays, huh?" Grim boasted as he wove between Deuce's legs.

"Hey, you guys!" a familiar deep voice called from behind us. We looked to see Jack approaching with his stern look. "Stop blocking the walkway."

"JACK!" I screamed. I ran up to him and gave him a big hug. "Welcome back buddy!"

He tensed up a bit, but gave me a pat on the head for my troubles. Ace looked the wolf beastman from head to toe. "Wow Jack! Did you manage to get even tanner?"

"Did I?" Jack looked at himself questionably. "Maybe. I went skiing during winter break."

"Awesome, that sounds like fun!" Yuu commented.

"Your hometown is a lot snowier, huh?" Ace surmised.

"What's skiing?" Grim piped up. He jumped around at our feet trying to garner our attention. "I wanna go skiing too!"

"No," Yuu quickly shut him down. That didn't stop the fire beast from running and jumping to be in the best limelight.

Deuce was the one getting tripped up the most. He kept trying to avoid stepping on the small grey cat. "Oi, Grim! Stop running all over the place!" Grim chose that moment to run under Deuce's leg. The poor boy started to fall backwards. He bumped into another boy that was trying to pass by. Deuce stumbled and so did the other boy. Deuce quickly turned to check on the bystander. "I am so sorry! Are you alright?"

The boy had lavender hair that looked like cotton candy. His skin was a light, porcelain color with large eyes that shimmered like aquamarine jewels. He was about my height and wore a very fancy version of the uniform. His blouse had a high fringed collar, and he had the black and white striped bow tied around it. His vest was a vivid purple, close to indigo. The emblem on his arm looked like a shield with a knife pierced through an apple. All in all, this boy was pretty. He looked at Deuce and tears started to collect in his eyes. "Ah..."

"Ah."

"Eh?! Wha?! Why are you crying?!" Deuce started to panic.

"Professor~! Deuce made someone from another dorm cry!" Ace teased in a higher pitched voiced.

"Don't make fun of me, Ace!" Deuce turned around and gave a nasty look at his dormmate. He turned back to the other boy and softened up a bit. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'll take you to the infirmary, so grab onto me."

"Enough already..." the boy muttered, not even looking at Deuce anymore.

"Huh? Enough?"

The boy brushed Deuce off and took off down main street. We all watched him with perplexed expressions.