Chapter 82

Jade recounted how he tried to get the name of Kalim's hypnotist to no avail. Sadly, a long-standing promise out ranked his magic. Azul found the entire thing hilarious as he busted out laughing. "Hahaha! How interesting! Jade's unique magic was defeated by Kalim's morality."

"It was very disappointing, but that is what happened," Jade repeated with a smile.

Floyd flopped over his brother's shoulder, "I think little Sea Otter would have let it slip, so that's surprising."

"This must have been a very special promise," Jade smirked.

"Fufufu...Well, that persistence might have just reveal the truth to the trouble at Scarabia," Azul smirked.

"Someone so special that even under a spell Kalim wouldn't betray," Yuu thought out loud.

"And so close that being alone together so often wouldn't seem off..." I added. Yuu and I locked eyes and shared a sigh. "This is going to be messy."

"Very messy," Yuu agreed.

"Good, it seems you two have figured it out," Azul looked at us. "Everything is almost complete. Now let's catch that culprit that lurks in the sand."

"How?" Grim asked.

Azul sat on the edge of the bed, "I have a plan. First..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, that sounds good," Yuu nodded as they finished hearing Azul's strategy. "Viv and I can do that."

"Great. We should get to bed then," Azul suggested. "Tomorrow will be very busy after all."

"I can agree to that," I yawned. I was getting ready to go lay down next to Yuu when I felt arms wrap around me. "Oh no..."

"Leafy~ sleep next to me~" Floyd pleaded as he swung me back and forth.

"Uh..." my head went blank.

"Nope!" Yuu answered for me as they tried to grab me. Floyd yanked me out of their reach. "Give them back!"

"No! I want to squeeze Leafy while I sleep!" Floyd protested.

"I don't want to be squeezed while I sleep..." I mumbled. "Please put me down."

"No!" Floyd refused. He kept jerking me out of Yuu's reach.

"Floyd, put Abiba down," Azul ordered.

"Why~" Floyd whined.

"Vivienne Abiba is still suffering symptoms of their illness, right?" Jade pointed out. "It wouldn't be good for their health."

"But..." Floyd hesitated. He stopped swinging me. Floyd clicked his tongue and put me on my feet before stomping into a corner.

"Uh, nighty night Floyd," I said. I didn't get a response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early in the morning, when there was barely any light, Jade woke us up. Grim groggily rubbed his eyes and gurgled, "Fnya...Are we marching to the oasis?"

I yawned as the dressed and ready Octavinelle duo filled my vision. Azul rolled his eyes, "We're getting up early so we don't march. Now come on, let's go."

We set to work in fulfilling Azul's plan. Floyd was already hard at work doing his part, so it was only right we do ours. We all entered a sleeping Kalim's room with a morning wake up platter at the ready.

"Kalim, good morning," Jade greeted as he spear headed this part.

Kalim rolled over and mumbled in his sleep, "Hmm...Jamil? Good morning..."

As Kalim tried to sit up, still half asleep, Jade chuckled. "No, I'm Jade. Our names do sound a bit similar though."

That woke Kalim up more, "Eh? Huh? Why are you in here?"

"I've brought your morning tea and a change of clothes. It's time to wake up," Jade answered like it was oblivious. I set the pile of clothes I was holding on the nightstand as Jade prepared to pour the tea.

Kalim was flicking his attention around wildly. "Eh? Wha-Eh? Why? Huh? Where's Jamil?"

"Please do not worry," Azul soothed as he grabbed a piece of clothing from me and Yuu. "We can at least help you get changed."

Although I really don't want to...

Just then, a knock sounded off before the door opened. "Kalim, it's time to get up – Wha?!" Jamil started like usual before he cut himself off. "Azul, Jade, Grim, Yuu, and Viv? Why are you all in Kalim's room?"

"Oh, Jamil! Good morning!" Azul intercepted the target. "You can go sleep in a little longer today. We will be taking care of Kalim every day, starting today until the end of vacation.

"Huh?" Jamil was blasted with shock.

"I realized something after our talk last night. Out of everyone in this dorm, the one whose been working the hardest... is you Jamil."

It was taking everything in my power to keep the act up on my end. "You're letting all of us stay here at Scarabia after all. We wanted to do something to help and repay you."

"We call ourselves the 'Jamil Relaxation Squad'!" Grim boasted.

"What?! This is stupid..." Jamil shook his head. He tried to grab some of our supplies, "No, you don't need to do this."

"Oh! Ooh! OOOHHHH!!~" Kalim sounded off as he jumped from his bed. "This is great! I've always tried to think of a way I can lighten Jamil's workload."

"Kalim's feelings for his retainer are so beautiful," Jade kindly swooned. "I would love it if Azul could learn a thing or two from you."

"Ha. Ha. Ha!" Azul forced out a laugh. He elbowed Jade as he lifted a hand to fix his glasses. "And Jade, you need to learn when to keep your mouth shut. Anyways, please leave the rest to us and Jamil, make sure to relax."

"Let them handle it, Jamil! I'm so glad!" Kalim dismissed his childhood friend and servant.

"Now now, Jamil. Please go back to your room and have a long rest," Jade ushered him out the door.

Jamil was very reluctant. He struggled and looked over his shoulder as Jade pushed him out the door and slammed it behind him.