Chapter 100

"This is it. This is where we die," Yuu kept muttering as we got closer.

Leona glared at us as he stayed seated. None of us dared to speak first. He scanned each of us and waved a hand. "So? What do you herbivores want? If it's not something important, then get lost."

"We want to meet Rook Hunt," Grim cheerfully divulged. "Can you introduce us to him?"

Leona looked even angrier and even disgusted. "Ha? You want me to introduce you to that weirdo?"

"Apparently," I nodded.

"We came here to apply for the Vocal & Dance Championship auditions!" Grim beamed.

"C'est Vrai?" a thick French sounding voice came behind us. It sent an unsettling shiver down my spine. "Wonderful! All new challengers are more than welcomed."

"UWAHHHH!!!!" the boys screamed as they turned around.

"Holy Crapiola!" I blurted out as I whirled around. Standing there with what was supposed to be a friendly smile was a tall man with a wide brimmed feathered hat. He had hair as golden as a field of wheat in a banged bob cut. His skin was pale and smooth. His uniform sported an indigo vest with a matching ribbon holding the Pomefiore crest on his arm.

We all were trying to catch our breath from the jump scare we encountered. Yuu ranted to themselves as they panted. "What is with...the students at this darn boarding school...with coming up behind people and scaring the bajeebers out of them! Like, come on!"

"Where did he even come from?!" I whined like a child.

"Haha! Oh, did I startle you? Pardon," the senior lightly chuckled at our predicament. "I've always had the bad habit of silencing my footsteps when I get closer to someone."

"You should put a bell on your hat instead of a feather then..." I mumbled.

He gave a slight bow with some extra flare. "I am Rook Hunt. The 'Hunter of Love'. My theme in life is to seek out all things beautiful and help it. Pleased to meet you."

Oh. OH. This is what Jamil meant. Oh my...

I glanced at Yuu and from their expression they were thinking the same thing. Leona looked uncomfortable in his own skin. He curled back into his seat. "Tch...the weirdo is here."

Rook's attention was drawn to the second prince and he gave him a large smile. "Good morning, Roi du Léon! Oh my, it's lunch break but what happened to Monsieur Dandelion?"

"He's not with me all the time. Take those herbivores and get lost," Leona growled.

"Monsieur Dandelion...?" Deuce tapped his chin in confusion.

"Fufufu. He is Roi du Léon's confidant, Ruggie." Rook enlightened us.

"I wish I could say I get it...but I don't." I shook my head as the current events started to get all sorts of twisted.

"Do you call him dandelion because his yellow hair sticks up all over the place?" Grim guessed.

Rook shook his head with an amused grin. "Non non. That's not the reason." He looked at us and I was able to see his hunter green eyes more clearly through his bangs. He started on a very poetic recounting of how Ruggie got his unique nickname. "Last spring, right when spring started to bloom and you feel the gentle breeze around you, I encountered Ruggie in the sports field. He was picking bundles of the wonderfully yellow flowers! I inquired about why he would need so many, and his response was most intriguing."

"And his response was?" I prodded on. This was interesting to say the least.

"He was going to eat them! He shared all the wonderful uses for the seemingly obscure wildflower. That's why I call him Dandelion. Since then, I pay homage to him, as the roadside dandelion: Monsieur Dandelion!"