Chapter 5

We entered Headmaster Crowley's office. I took in the images of the floating portraits. They were of some of the most notorious Disney villains. I got confused and made a mental note to ask Yuu about it later. Crowley sat behind his desk with a rather serious face.

"I asked you all here because of the incident that happened at the Heartslabyul dorm the other day," Crowley wasted no time. "I believe I should explain it to you all properly."

"Sir, is my being her alright since I was not yet present during this event?" I cautiously asked.

"Yes. As magicians, you all need to know the details and consequences from what happened to Mr. Rosehearts." Crowley then went on to explain what this "Overblot" was. He went on about this thing called "blot", the unwanted material leftover from magic use. The terrible effect it has on the body and the mind of the magic was also discussed. The biggest bit was that there still wasn't a lot known on how this "Overblot" state occurs.

"So basically, the more magic used the more harm it can cause to the body?" Grim summarized.

"No...That isn't entirely right," Crowley responded. He put a clawed finger up to his chin. "Hmm...I think it would be easier to understand if I simply show you. Come on out ghosts, I have a job for you!"

"Oh no, not more ghosts," I softly whined. At the Headmaster's call, ghost appeared around us. I stepped back with Yuu. They also looked nervous.

"Wha-wait. What's going on?" Ace stuttered as he looked at all the ghosts.

Crowley leaned back in his chair as he gave a simple command, "Please teach these kids a lesson." A small smile was visible under his mask. "Please ready your magic pens everyone. The Headmaster's special lesson has only just begun."

"Dude, I don't even know any spells yet!" I let out without thinking.

"Just stay by me for now Viv. Ace, Deuce, and Grim can handle it," Yuu put their arm in front of me in a protective manner. They gave me a comforting smile from the side.

Soon, the ghosts were upon the two boys and Grim. Ace and Deuce would flick their pens like wands. Each time I could see a stream of different colored mists and sparkles aimed at the ghosts. It was an amazing sight to see. The ghosts also seemed to be using magic to retaliate.

Wow! Will I be able to perform magic like that? 'Cause if so, that will be awesome!

Soon enough the ghosts left, and the boys were catching their breaths.

"Headmaster!" Grim complained. "Training with the ghost didn't help me understand Blot at all!"

"Take a look at your magic jewel!" Crowley pointed to Grim's collar. When Grim looked down, his eyes bulged out of his head.

"Wha! There's dirt on my magic jewel!" Grim began to wipe at it with his paws. "It won't come off!"

"It is Black Ink that has tainted the jewel. That is the 'blot' I was telling you about."

"Mine has it too!" Deuce exclaimed. He held the pen close to his face as he examined the jewel.

"Is it permanent?" Yuu asked.

"No," came Crowley's short answer.

"Phew! What a relief," Grim relaxed.

Headmaster Crowley then went on about having a good rest undoes the blot. He also explained that those with stronger magic capabilities can accumulate blot faster. "With your magic abilities, I don't think you need to worry about Blot just yet," Crowley did not fail to get that little jab in. "What a relief!"